News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

i everybody trying to sell there wing cars

Started by BigBlockSam, June 21, 2006, 08:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

WINGMAN

Lots of Birds  not to many Daytons. Seams like four Birds to one Daytona. People needing money or speculators just trying to get a big buck.What are there 365 Daytons out there, And like 900+ biirds. Seams like maybe 20 Daytonas a year have come up for sale in the last year on the bag. Economics allways plays a big part in it, To bad us blue collar workers cant afford to buy one now. I do not think they will ever be within reach of the average income person.  JR.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

69_500

I'm hoping to prove your comment wrong Jay. I hope they do come down to the income of an average person otherwise I'll never have one. And I do whole heartedly intend on having one, and I don't wanna wait for more than say another 5 years or so.

nakita7

Quote from: WINGMAN on June 21, 2006, 10:38:54 PM
  Lots of Birds  not to many Daytons. Seams like four Birds to one Daytona.

About 2000 Superbirds and just over 500 Daytonas. Sounds about right....

Old Moparz

I expected the market on a lot of these older cars to drop well over a year ago, & posted about it more than once. I guess I was dead wrong thinking it would happen back then, but I will still say it will drop. When? I have no clue, but I also never expected to see replicas get 6 figures, & certain other cars get a million or more.

(I'll refrain from any opinion on those kind of figures.)  :D

It makes me worry that if I were to sell off something I have now thinking I'd replace it with another car later, it won't ever happen with prices climbing higher & higher. The days of me getting a real wing car are effen gone. Seeing that last, toasted & rusted POS on ebay bid above $20K tells me a replica is what I'll have, & that's okay.

I know some people will put a higher value on these cars for whatever reason, but as much as I love these old things, or as much as I eat, sleep, & breathe them, it's still just a car. I'm not going into serious debt to get one, & I know I couldn't sleep knowing I had a mortgage on a car. I'll reconsider selling my Coronet 500 convertible & take my friend up on his offer to store it in his barn. It's one of those cars I always liked, but know I couldn't afford one later to replace it if prices keep going up.   ::)
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

hotrod98

It's the same with anything that's rare. If there were 50,000 Picasso paintings out there, they would be worth about 5 bucks a piece instead of 5 million. Law of supply and demand. I think that you guys are dreaming if you think the prices are going to come down much. Every day there are more people entering the market wanting to buy and fewer cars to buy. Attrition is continuing to take these cars out. In the last year we've seen one wing car burn in the guys garage and one rear-ended and totalled. There's two less to buy just in the last year alone. The loss of those two makes the value of the remaining cars move up just a little. Add to that the guys buying these cars to place them in their museums and there goes a couple of more cars from the marketplace. If you want a wing car, you had better mortgage the house or do like me and just settle for a clone (or two).

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

your right in many of the things you've said but it's already happened. a year ago you couldn't find a bird for less then $100000. the last two i saw on ebay that sold , were in the  $80k's . they've come down a bit. but you still have to mortgage your house to buy one. Rene

hotrod98

Last summer I saw two birds sell for 50k each. Now the same birds are 80 to 100k.
Rene, you've been watching the prices a lot closer than I have so I don't doubt what you're saying. I think part of the reason that I don't have one now is because of the fact that I wasn't watching the prices close enough the past few years or I might have reacted a little quicker in regards to buying one. Right now though, all I'm concentrating on is getting another shop built so no real wing cars for me. I've got most of the parts gathered to build my bird clone and my Daytona clone so I'm content.  ;D

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

yea my dreams of a real bird seem farther away then ever.   >:(  I'm concentrating on the projects i have. it's more important for me to get out of union city. so i can have space for my monster garage. i tell you Larry , since we spoke on the phone, I've been thinking about building a superbird clone. well, sending you my satellite so you can build me my dream superbird.  ;D . so get that shop built already will ya. i got some business for you. :yesnod: Rene

hotrod98

Not a problem. I'm getting back on Howie's daytona clone in a week or so. In fact, I picked up Howie's hemi block today for him. I found one less than 40 miles from here. It's dated 10/10/66. Howard's grinning ear to ear right now. I hope to get all four of the daytona deck lids converted in the next week or so. I'm to the point with the challenger convert that I should be able to drive it tomorrow, at least around the shop. That hemi's a little loud without the exhaust.  ;D  In addition to my new restoration business, I'm going to build a shop for the fiberglass business as well. Dave's already building the early super stock fenders and he's waiting on me to get the daytona nose corrected before he makes the mold for it.  At this point, I have eight cars to build, so that should keep me busy for a while, but if you get serious about building a superbird clone, just let me know. When I get the building finished, you need to plan a trip down here. We'll drive down to a friend of mines place where he has three large buildings full of hemi and six-pack cars. I'm doing some work on his Superbird later this summer. Same guy that sold the two birds last summer.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

Quotebut if you get serious about building a superbird clone, just let me know. When I get the building finished, you need to plan a trip down here. 

the only thing that would stop me is if i was able to buy a real bird and thats not looking good right now. i thought i would have my new house built by now but thats gonna take longer then i thought.

so,   :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

i wonder if i could find a sixpack roadrunner body for sale. that would make a great start to a  sixpack bird.

of coarse i would deliver the car myself. me and my wife are always up for a mopar road trip.......... gives me hope on getting  my white superbird with a black roof.   :icon_smile_big: