News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

CNN's report on the musclear market, guess what's on the cover? C500 !!

Started by hemi68charger, June 16, 2006, 09:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Thought this was cool when I saw it... Am I'm the only nerd that reads CNN.com? Yes, I'm a FOXnews guy as well...

Troy

http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/06/16/muscle_stars/index.html
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

You're cool enough to have a Charger collection.

I'm not so sure I agree with all of their values but they are assuredly doing their part to keep the hype alive.

69_500

69_500

I'm wondering who's 500 that is in the picture as well. Doesn't look like one I've seen before. Then again it is red, and that is probably the most common color on a C500.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69_500 on June 17, 2006, 08:47:12 AM
I'm wondering who's 500 that is in the picture as well. Doesn't look like one I've seen before. Then again it is red, and that is probably the most common color on a C500.

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

Is that the same HEMI 500 from the poster from the 80's where the car is in front of a tin shack?

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on June 19, 2006, 08:52:09 PM
Is that the same HEMI 500 from the poster from the 80's where the car is in front of a tin shack?

As far as I know, Charles still owns the car....... Charles has Centerlines on the car when that poster you're referring to Danny was made...........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

So is it possible that its the same car? I notice both are HEMI's.

Shakey

Quote from: 69_500 on June 20, 2006, 06:38:12 PM
So is it possible that its the same car? I notice both are HEMI's.

The photo that PT posted says RM Auctions at the bottom.

I have a feeling that that is the car Ghoste was going to look at a few months back.  It was in Southern Ontario.  He never did post any pics.  Well, I should say, if he did post pics, I never saw them.

Ghoste

I posted a whole bunch of pics of the car.  That is not a photo taken at RM though I can tell you that for sure.  It may be taken at the barn where the car is stored but it doesn't look like it.  It could be the back of the barn.  I have never been on the far side of that building butI don not recall any pavement around it at all.  He owns a lot of property though so it may be at a different site than where it normally is.  If it is the same car, the wheelcovers were removed for that photo.
I would guess that it's an owner provided photo that RM had on the net for whatever reason (they used a different set of pics to promote the car) and now it's out here in public domain.  I would also suspect that it's the same car as I'm at RM several times a month and if they get anything cool Mopar and most especially anything Charger, someone will usually call me when it rolls off the truck if I'm not already out there.

69_500

If its an RM photo then I'm going to say that its an archive photo from when they had another R4 red HEMI 500 listed for sale.

Ghoste

I don't know that one.  It must have been listed with the online service. 

69_500

I would say it was about 5 or 6 years ago. I have the VIN wrote down here, :)

Ghoste

That does go back past my ADD limits but I would thinkI'd remember it if it came into the shop.  I can tell you for certain, I never drove it so it wasn't at any auction I worked.  You don't know any other details do you?

69_500

HEMI AT, car with a console, black interior. If its the same car I'm thinking of. Don't recall where the car was located at the time though.

Ghoste

I asked when I was at the shop today and nobody from the Chatham or Michigan office knew of the car.  It must have been a sale run through Miami or L.A.
I suppose it's irrelevant and off topic now but I'd still like to find out.  I don't have much of a life I guess.

69_500

I don't remember which one of the RM's it was run though to be quite honest. I just have it wrote down as being up for sale through them. No idea on where it went to either. I don't have any way to find that out, I'm sure one of these days I'll run accross it again and then when I do I'll let ya know. :)

Ghoste

69_500

I'll go through some more of my scraps of paper I have laying around here on my desk. I don't think I wrote down all of that, but I will check. Bear with me though as there is about 1,000 papers on this desk with stuff about 500's and Daytona's wrote on them. As well as notebooks.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69_500 on June 25, 2006, 01:25:44 PM
I'll go through some more of my scraps of paper I have laying around here on my desk. I don't think I wrote down all of that, but I will check. Bear with me though as there is about 1,000 papers on this desk with stuff about 500's and Daytona's wrote on them. As well as notebooks.

Get them on a spreadsheet man!!!!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

That would be nice, but I'd need probably a week to go through everything. One of these days I'll get it that organized.

OldGuy

(Quote from CNNMoney.com)

Dodge Charger R/T-440 hardtop
Value in 2000: $39,000
Value today: $170,000

Source: Kelley Blue Book
(Photo may differ from the specific car named. Car pictured is a 500, not a 440.) Since its introduction in 1968, the Charger has been a favorite with both performance enthusiasts and movie makers. With the high performance "R/T" package, which included a big-block 440 V8 with 375 horses and with star appearances in films like "Bullitt" as the car chasing Steve McQueen, or the long-running series "Dukes of Hazzard," Chargers have been in the limelight for decades. Highly sought after today by collectors, values have more than doubled in the last five years and we expect them to go even higher. A Hemi V8 engine can literally quadruple the vehicle's value.
-Phil Skinner, KBB

From quote above - Car pictured is a 500, not a 440 - ?!  Obviously, Phil Skinner is not a Mopar guy - he better stick with Fords and Chevy's!!
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

mikepmcs

Quote from: OldGuy on July 02, 2006, 03:06:32 PM
(Quote from CNNMoney.com)

Dodge Charger R/T-440 hardtop
Value in 2000: $39,000
Value today: $170,000

Source: Kelley Blue Book
(Photo may differ from the specific car named. Car pictured is a 500, not a 440.) Since its introduction in 1968, the Charger has been a favorite with both performance enthusiasts and movie makers. With the high performance "R/T" package, which included a big-block 440 V8 with 375 horses and with star appearances in films like "Bullitt" as the car chasing Steve McQueen, or the long-running series "Dukes of Hazzard," Chargers have been in the limelight for decades. Highly sought after today by collectors, values have more than doubled in the last five years and we expect them to go even higher. A Hemi V8 engine can literally quadruple the vehicle's value.
-Phil Skinner, KBB

From quote above - Car pictured is a 500, not a 440 - ?!  Obviously, Phil Skinner is not a Mopar guy - he better stick with Fords and Chevy's!!

Yeah CNN usually gets all the facts wrong, so that didn't surprise me at all.   CNN...just say no! :moon: :stirthepot:

That is a really nice car though(just wanted to keep the spirit of the thread, but I still couldn't help myself. :icon_smile_big:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?