News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rain water pouring in from Door

Started by c5_nc, June 20, 2006, 08:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c5_nc

I'm missing one felt but I have been testing with a water hose.  With the door panels off, a lot of water splashes in through the door.  On the rears, the plastic is still intact and this appears to shield the water.  On the fronts I have the doors bare.  I assume this is the purpose of the plastic.  Where do get for front panels?  Just buy the heaviest plastic I can find and glue up?  Or is this reproed?

4402tuff4u

I'll be getting into this real soon, and I've heard all they use is plastic film. The heavier the mil thickness the better protection. :yesnod:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Nacho-RT74

For a while you have opened and cleared drain slottes, you will be fine... Doors have them.

BODY MAN APPARENTLY MISSED TO MAKE THE DRAIN SLOTS ON MY CAR FRONT QUARTER PATCHES GRRRRRRRRR...
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

hemi68charger

Generally there is a plasitc panel that attached somewhere near the top of the door. The bottom of the plastic usully fits into a slot along the bottom of the door Any water that come into contact with the plastic is diverted down the sheet into the bottom of the door where it can drain out the drain holes at the bottom of the door.........  I can take a picture if you wish if this is a 2nd generation Charger..........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection