News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need info on Dodge Big Horn that was at show in Columbia, MO

Started by Todd Wilson, June 24, 2006, 08:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Wilson

I was wondering if anyone that went to the Mopar show at Columbia, MO has any more info on this Big Horn that Mike posted in his pictures? My Big Horn registry buddys lost the wear abouts of this truck a few years ago and it has surfaced at this show. If anyone knows info or how I can get more info let me know! Thanks!

Todd

Mikes picture of it

A little info about Big Horns..........this truck might very well be one of the rarest Mopars at the show! I wonder how many people walked by it not knowing. That truck is probably a 75-100g truck if you would buy it.

rt green

wow! thats pretty cool!  i've never seen or heard of one before. what year is that?
third string oil changer

Chad L. Magee

I will admit that I walked by it and thought "nice custom dodge semi".  I did not consider that it might be a rare one......
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on June 25, 2006, 01:31:27 PM
I will admit that I walked by it and thought "nice custom dodge semi".  I did not consider that it might be a rare one......

10 built in 1973

116 built in 1974

135 built in 1975

Still looking for info or the owners name of this truck if anyone knows.

Todd

Blue Pentastar

I'll see what I can do Todd. I thought of all people you would get a kick out of it. I have to admit I would take it in a second.

Mike Schrader
69 Charger White Hat Special  
04 Chrysler 300M Special
99 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel

Brock Samson

Blue Pentastar

Hey Todd

I talked to one of the guys who put on the columbia show, He wasn't positive but thought it came from Washington, MO. . It was definatley from Missouri but I will ask one of the others from the show if he knows more for you.

Mike
04 Chrysler 300M Special

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Blue Pentastar on June 27, 2006, 11:14:24 PM
Hey Todd

I talked to one of the guys who put on the columbia show, He wasn't positive but thought it came from Washington, MO. . It was definatley from Missouri but I will ask one of the others from the show if he knows more for you.

Mike

Ok Thanks.   It used to be owned by a CJ Shaw and he had his name and stuff on the door as he used the truck to haul.  We are wondering if it has been retired or sold .

Todd

purple70rt

Blue Pentastar

I believe his name is Russel Jones from Millersburg, Mo.

Mike Schrader
04 Chrysler 300M Special

Highbanked Hauler

Hey Todd, how would you register a truck like that without commercial plates?? The one you got a pix.of in the salvage yard a while back,was that the same thing??
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on July 02, 2006, 11:44:24 AM
Hey Todd, how would you register a truck like that without commercial plates?? The one you got a pix.of in the salvage yard a while back,was that the same thing??

In Kansas you can register it as an Antique if its 35 years or older. No weight restrictions or hazmat on it.  You can haul what ever you want as long as its YOUR stuff you are hauling. NO $ for hauling anything.  Otherwise you could just get a truck plate or register it as an RV and then you are at the no CDL restriction of 26000lbs. Other states have similair things to register old trucks. Some register as a truck but you have a paper stating its an antique and not for hire.

Yes this is  a Bighorn like the one in the junkyard a while back I posted.

Todd

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

rayderluvr

Todd Wilson

Quote from: TruckDriver on November 06, 2012, 06:01:14 AM
Todd, do you know about this group on Facebook for them?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/108937495812523/

yes thats Kyles site. His dad is the BigHorn guru out there.............

Todd

americanlogoz

Old thread ... But new info.  This truck is now in Canada.  Rumor is that there will be another Bighorn at the Columbia show this year.  Maybe it won't lose to a Dakota like the last one did.   :whistling: