News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mike's 08 Challenger Body Stripe Poll

Started by mikepmcs, April 14, 2009, 07:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This is my idea for the rear of the full body stripe on my 08.

Too Much
7 (36.8%)
Just Right
2 (10.5%)
Not Enough
0 (0%)
Don't Do It
6 (31.6%)
You're An Idiot
1 (5.3%)
THE NEW ONE I POSTED
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: April 24, 2009, 07:36:18 PM

mikepmcs

Finally got a hold of Brian from Rider Graphix.  Thanks Chris, you da man!

His brother David made me this proof of the rear of the body stripe after I told him my idea.

So what do you think?

ridergraphix.com if you want to compare and see other stripe choices. 

Thanks

Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

69bronzeT5

Not a big fan. Out of all the stripe choices out there, I think the '70 R/T stripe looks best on '08s and '09s. :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Ghoste

I would like it better without the callouts personally.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Looks very "busy" Mike...on the car you'd loose a lot of the detail you're looking for in the lettering....I'd keep it simple.

The SRT badge says it all IMHO :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

NYCMille

Gotta' see it photoshop'd to give a good opinion.

mikepmcs

Yeah, I wish I could photoshop.

But..... after looking at it more and more it does look to be a little much. 

I just talked to Dave Rider via email quite a few times. what do you guys think of this one.  It's already on a car in the picture which helps quite a bit.  It's more simple but it's already been done. 
Notice I edited my first post where I said it was the full body stripe or nothing. Well I lied. This looks decent to me as well.

Thanks for your patience guys.  Don't mean to be wishy washy, but that's a lot of money to throw out for graphic and then throw it in the sh@#can.

http://www.ridergraphix.com/Black_SRT_71_Challenger1.jpg

http://www.ridergraphix.com/Black_SRT_71_Challenger2.jpg

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

b5blue

I think that one with the hood blacked out would set you apart from the pack  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

I like that one.  I also like the idea of the first one, the full length 70 RT style one, just without the callouts.

Fitz73Chrgr

71 style all the way...unique, but not gaudy.  I say go for it!  :2thumbs:
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

bull

mopar_nut_440_6

I like the ones you posted in the links with the dual stripes and the SRT!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

WingCharger

daytonalo

AAR STRIPE ALL THE WAY !!!!!! EVEN FOOSE USED THAT STRIPE ON HEMISPHERE

charger2fast4u

i'm not a big fan of those graphics of the srt with the 2 stripes kind of tacky. maybe if they extended them the whole way back? just my opinion

mikepmcs

Thanks for all the responses gang.  I've made my decision and opted to go with the 71 dual stripe with the SRT under the 1/4 window.  The more I looked at that full stripe the more it just didn't look right for me personally.  Like I said, I truly appreciate all the responses and it helped me to step back and really look at what I was trying to accomplish.  In the end I opted for the KISS method.  I'll concentrate now on some performance mods.  First one was purchased this morning from ROTO FAB.  CAI is on the way.  Looks like a very well thought out design and talking with the owner and reading some other comments on the product is what sold me.  It's not flashy but it will more than do the job, IMO.   :2thumbs:
I'll most likely start a poll on exhaust now and let you guys express opinions on that as well. 

It should be here early next week.   :cheers:

v/r
Mike