News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Petty Daytona Charger?

Started by nitrometal, July 02, 2006, 11:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitrometal

I saw this on eBay...first off it looks like a Daytona and it seems out of scale.

**Inactive Link Removed**

What's your opinion?
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

THE CHARGER PUNK

well that definitely is a charger daytona, and 2ndly that is definitely richard petty ,so anyone got info on this car?-MATT

69_500

Looks like a Superbird to me. But your right on it being Richard Petty.

hemigeno

That's the Goody's Daytona, although I hadn't actually seen a picture of it painted up like that until now.  I had just heard about the car.

It's definitely a Daytona - you can tell that from the rake of the wing, since it stands way too straight up & down for it to be a 'Bird.

Here's a link to a thread about that same car, but when it was painted in a couple of other color schemes:

Dave Marcis #31 Daytona

I guess Petty has had a couple of connections to that car, even though he never drove a Daytona in a race...

3--Daytona

Hemigeno;;;;;;;;;Guess you got home safe,,,,,,we got in about 6,, last nite;;;;;;;;;
The Daytona,, Your right on,why Goodies Headache Powder  used a Daytona for a Petty car, no one seems to know,,, One time when we were on the track at Talledega for the parade lap, they came roaring around the track above us at about 130 mph, scared the snot out of all of us. NASCAR saw to it they didnt make the 2nt lap.   Have a goodin         3--daytona

hemigeno

Jim,

Yep, I got home just fine.  I would have loved to stick around for more of the show, but had made previous arrangements and had to cut my time at the show off just about the time the cruise started on Saturday.  In fact, I was looking around for you before I left but didn't see your stealthmobile anywhere...  Glad to hear you got back safely too.

That deal at Talladega would have been weird - cruising along, and the a race hemi flys by.  If you'd have known it was coming, it would have been awesome, but I'd have probably reacted the same way you guys did.   :o

69_500

What show did i miss this time? Was it branson under lights this weekend?

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on July 04, 2006, 11:22:43 AM
What show did i miss this time? Was it branson under lights this weekend?

The Dodge Charger Registry meet in Jefferson City.  Cool show, even though I was only there for a bit.

Lots of details/info on this thread:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,14617.0.html

69_500

Ah I see. I have only made it to 2 shows so far this year. I'm slacking big time. Won't even make carlisle this year, doubt I'll even do the Mopar Nationals. The video business isn't going as planned and with a new job its hard to get any time off to shoot any new shows for this show season. I will make the Monster Mopar in St. Louis though that one is a for sure deal.

Ghoste

That's too bad, I was hoping to sit down with you for a bit this year in Columbus.

69_500

I know that I"m sceduled to be off that weekend from work, so I think I'm still going. But I don't think I'll take the car this year. I will probably just drive over for Saturday or Sunday, and just make it a one day thing this year.

Ghoste

Well, we'll talk more before then but that should still leave us time to have a beer and shoot the breeze about wing cars for a bit.

69_500

Hopefully I'll make it. I know I have requested those days off of work, asked off for those back in january when I started the job, but we shall see if they hold true and let me off for those days.

THE CHARGER PUNK

Found another one of it-MATT