News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

John L. Smith, (Jack Smith) or as the “Father of the Road Runner,” has passed

Started by Mopar Nut, September 19, 2017, 09:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

68X426

Sorry to hear this, I hope he had a very full an happy life.

I've met folks who knew him and all said he was a great guy. RIP.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Ghoste

I got to listen to his talk at the Nats a few years ago and it was great.  An interesting man and a good storyteller too.  Spoke to him privately then too and he was very approachable.  My favorite story he told that day was about Miss Road Runner.  He said that once the car took off and he became the go to guy, everything to do with it had to go through him.  There was a receptionist at a Plymouth ad agency (as I recall, could have been a vendor but I'm sure it was ad agency) that he nicknamed Miss Road Runner.  He had no idea what her actual name was but he saw her as the typical young American girl next door.  He had a photo of her in his office and whenever someone from marketing had a new gimmick they wanted to add to the Road Runner, he says he wold point to the photo and tell them that the average Road Runner buyer was a young single male who was mostly interested in picking up girls, convince me (Jack) that your idea will help the buyer get that girl.

aerolith

TOP BLOKE, as we say in England!

God bless Jack, a true legend of the Mopar World.
I never had a Runner but a 69 R/T Charger worked just as well, when 'lookin 4a lass'... :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:

Aerolite
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623