News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The PET thread.

Started by Charger_Fan, July 20, 2005, 10:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

New Charger home, new pet thread! ;D

My daughter's been wanting a pet duck for a while. I've tried talking her out of it because I assumed they were hard to take care of...so her  boyfriend decides to bring her a little duckling last March (I think he was trying for brownie points).
We all soon found out that ducklings require LOTS of attention! :yesnod:

Here he is on my lap while I'm yakking on D-C.com last March. At this point, we'd had him a couple weeks & we're not even sure if he's male or not.

And in the tub, getting used to the water.

Now he's full grown & has been for maybe 3 weeks!
He's a big quacking, wing flapping, splash master (whenever in/near any water).

And still needs lots of attention.
He's also about twice the size of most any other ducky I've seen. :o

He doesn't like to hold still for pics, either. Here he's cleaning some feathers.

Oh & his name is Walter. :)

We also currently have 3 cats, 1 wabbit, 6 frogs & a turtle.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

PlumBad70

Heres Mine....My Dog is in my avater pic, his name is major.....I also have 3 horses..Fancy, Jr., and Scooter
Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 4x4

Telvis

Does he attempt to run or fly off?

Charger_Fan

So far he hasn't tried to fly off. At first we were worried that he might do that, but so far the farthest he's flown has been about 15 feet, I think it even surprised him. :icon_smile_big:
He hasn't been around any other ducks yet, so I'm not sure he knows he's supposed to fly.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

CFMopar

My dog is the one on the couch her name is joy. The lab is my parents firends dog. We also have a quaker parrot that dosnt shut up and masterbates alot. I'm looking to get a bearded dragon by year end.
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

dart3404

;D

Johnny SixPack

Here's my EV2 paint coded cat named Pete:

He came before my EV2 "70 R/T SE, so it's a case of the car matching the cat.

We also have another cat named Evie.

So it get's even weirder!

Here's the two of them together:

I know they look like they sleep all the time from the pix, but usually they're causin' h*ll. ;D

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Lowprofile

Kool Thread
My wife and I Have 4 dogs, two cats & two horses! Because of our jobs [truck drivers] we don't get to see them too often. My poor mother in law [who lives with us] takes care of everything at the homested while we're out all over the damm place trying to earn a living. I'll post a few pics asap.
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Silver R/T

that duck looks like male duck to me. But who cares you;re gonna have it for thanksgiving this fall wont you?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Silver R/T

family's cat
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Silver R/T on July 21, 2005, 01:00:25 AM
that duck looks like male duck to me. But who cares you;re gonna have it for thanksgiving this fall wont you?
He's a male Mallard...I kinda doubt he'll want to eat any turkey.

Maybe some peas.  :scratchchin:

8WHEELER

Anybody want a big bird????????? this thing has been hanging around a four house
area here for 2yrs, nobody owns it but it decided it liked the area I geuss.
I have been told they taste like chicken   ;D

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

8WHEELER

Our puppie like's the bird as well I just hope she does not catch it, I am happy it can fly
at least 60ft in the air, Plus our new pup has her own fan club  ;D the kids like the pup
a little better than our older lab.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Old Moparz

We have 3 cats, 1 we picked to keep another one company years ago, & 2 of which that were dropped off near our house & abandoned just after they weren't kittens anymore.  ::)  I'm not going to include the carpenter ants since I've been eliminating them one by one. I think it's time to call the exterminator. My kid wants some kind of rodent as a pet now, but we had to explain that the cat won't know it's your pet, & just think we were kind enough to bring home some take out for her.

Cody in the 1st one, Bugsy in the 2nd one, & Velcro being anti-social.

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

4402tuff4u

Here is my dog "Scout". He's loves the water to the point that I had to put an extra fence around our above ground pool after several afternoons we got home and he was swimming around in the pool. I did'nt care that he was in the water but was afraid that he was going to rip the linner with his claws. After getting caught in the water, he then decided to step in a little pond we have in our back yard with fish and some frogs. He killed 2 goldfish by stepping on them. We also caught him the pond several times. I had to put a net across the top of the pond. I went to Toys r us and got him a baby's pool where he can lay in. I also have a cat (Claire) but she was not in the mood of having pictures taken of her. Oh, I forgot, now we have a baby snapping turtle (Dudley) I found at work after it was dropped by a seagull. As soon as Dudley becomes aggressive, he's going back to the beach.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

70charginglizard

Heres my kitty.  :)
70charginglizard

TruckDriver

My 4 cats...

Red Barron (plain red/white tabby)
Shelby (Flame Point Siamese mix / Red's half brother)
Crystle (only Female)(Lynx Point Siamese pure bred)
Sabastion (cow)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Vainglory, Esq.

Sebastian looks just like my cat, Mayhem (although I've taken to calling him "Ravages" - pronounced French style).

Don't let him fool ya, he's at least 20 pounds; a mini, black-and-white tiger.

I have another tuxedo tabby, Athena, but she lives with my parents since she only really likes my mom.

TruckDriver

Sebastion weighs about 15 pounds. That's why I call him a cow. Shelby weighs about 15 pounds too. When they play and run, sounds like a damn stampeed.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

BrianShaughnessy

Damkhat plotting world domination... again.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Charger_Fan

Wow, there's a lot of cats here! Cats are cool...ok, dogs too. :icon_smile_big:

8Wheeler, that peacock is pretty cool! That's not your average stray animal.

BigBlackDodge

I've had the same pet for decades! He's a free spirit, comes and goes at will. Doesn't eat much either............ :icon_smile_big:

BBD

mustanghater

my dog can't hold still for a pic but he's a mix and his name is max,fata$$ for short cause he is a fat dog.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

TheGhost

Here's Shadow, telling me he want's to go on another walk. ;D
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Plumcrazy

This is our tuxedo cat Vinny.
If you look close at the second picture you'll see he's a polydactyl. (he has thumbs)

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.