News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The PET thread.

Started by Charger_Fan, July 20, 2005, 10:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Sorry to hear Dirk. Never gets easier...
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Dino

No it sure doesn't.  I miss my little buddy, I miss both of them.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Bobs69

Quote from: ODZKing on August 29, 2015, 05:57:49 PM
So sorry to Bobs69 and you as well Troy.  As you know, I've been there.
Not a day goes by I don't think of our two lost a few years back.

Yeah I just can't believe it.  Just can't.

bakerhillpins

Dirk and Bobs69, My sympathies to you both.    I don't think you ever get over it but it does get easier.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

mrsskip68

Sorry for your losses. I know first hand how hard it is.

On a brighter note, Bodie says, "That fly was GOOD!" LOL!😝

Charger_Fan

If you look back to the first post in this thread, I show our male Mallard when he was just a youngster. Well, last fall he started losing a lot of his energy. Then last Tuesday, he passed away...he was just one month shy of 11 years old. :(

Having a pet duck is quite an experience, and Walter "the gravy butt" was really a character. I'm not yet sure if I'll get another duck, but I am sure glad I was able to experience having this guy in my life while he was with us. Now he's on to that big ducky pond in the sky! :angel:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

ws23rt

Quote from: Charger_Fan on February 19, 2016, 07:04:19 PM
If you look back to the first post in this thread, I show our male Mallard when he was just a youngster. Well, last fall he started losing a lot of his energy. Then last Tuesday, he passed away...he was just one month shy of 11 years old. :(

Having a pet duck is quite an experience, and Walter "the gravy butt" was really a character. I'm not yet sure if I'll get another duck, but I am sure glad I was able to experience having this guy in my life while he was with us. Now he's on to that big ducky pond in the sky! :angel:

Our animal buddies can be as good as any human companion. Truth be told is they are commonly missed more then relatives that pass.
They see through a clean window every day and that is inspiring.
Sorry for your loss.

Dino

I'm very sorry to hear Walter is gone. Thanks for giving him a great life.

ODZKing

So sorry to hear CF, as has been said a thousand times in this thread, we miss them more than hoo-muns sometimes. I miss mine too.

Chad L. Magee

My family lost Dobi (white/tan Shih Tzu in 1st picture) to a massive heart attack on Dec. 1 of last year.  We had him for 11 years, since he was a puppy.  That was a hard loss. :'(  Our other dog, Nemo (Maltese), was completely lost for about a month without Dobi.  We adopted Annie (Shih Tsu) last Friday from a local human society...
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Charger_Fan

Thanks for the condolences, you guys. I just thought it fitting that I post of Walter's passing in the thread that began with him. But again, thanks. :)

Chad, while it is sad that you lost Dobi, it's really great that you were able to adopt & save little Annie. They look great together!

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: Charger_Fan on February 21, 2016, 08:50:42 PM
Chad, while it is sad that you lost Dobi, it's really great that you were able to adopt & save little Annie. They look great together!

Thanks.  Dobi was one of a kind.  He was starting to have a growth on one shoulder that the vet was not concerned about (but I was).  The vet said it was just fatty tissue that these dogs can get in old age.  I kinda felt that he might pass away within the year, as he was starting to slow down on his walks and just did not have the same energy level.  So, I started taking lots of pictures (and some short films) of both him & Nemo.  At least I have those to remember him by.

Annie was given up by a local breeder and had not lived in a house situation before, so she will require some patience and training.  We have found out that she can only eat soft dog food due to her poor teeth, although the shelter said that they fed her dry dog food.  She seems to be happy here so far. 

Chad L. Magee

This is one of my favorite photos of Dobi & Nemo playing together.  They almost look like they are dancing...

Mytur Binsdirti

NHCharger

Just had to let Kuma go to a better place. My boys stopped by to say good bye this afternoon. He would have been 13 in April.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Dino

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The70RT

Waiting for a ride :)
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Charger_Fan

Quote from: NHCharger on February 22, 2016, 08:50:42 PM
Just had to let Kuma go to a better place. My boys stopped by to say good bye this afternoon. He would have been 13 in April.
Oh man, that really sucks. He was a great looking dog too, I know you already miss him dearly. :(

70RT, definitely take your little buddy on the Charger's maiden voyage! :yesnod:

Bobs69

Quote from: bakerhillpins on September 03, 2015, 01:04:40 PM
Dirk and Bobs69, My sympathies to you both.    I don't think you ever get over it but it does get easier.

No it doesn't.  I'm still very upset.

BLK 68 R/T

Not my pet, but somebody's pet. Refreshing to read something nice in the news for once  :yesnod:
Good job Navy  :2thumbs:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/video/navy-finds-dog-thought-lost-130011541.html

ODZKing

As I have posted in the past, loosing pets is very difficult. Especially when some people don't seem to understand.  But that is why we come here because there many here who do.
Well, I had to put Oliver down yesterday and I am still upset by it. About a year or so ago he was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and was loosing weight. We seemed to get that under control but he also had arthritis, the pain of which he apparently masked quite well ... for a while.
A couple months back he started fighting with Binx and Ranger, our other two. And it escalated to the point where we had to keep then separated.
He would just go "off" and according to the vets, most likely due to the several medical issues. We were due to bring him in for his check up anyway but Saturday night he scratched up my wife kind of badly. She knows it wasn't "him" because he was always a great, very loving cat.
Well we took him to the vet yesterday and you sort of know the rest. He was not well, in pain and we did what we thought was best for him but I will always question that decision because those who have been there in that room when it happens know what it's like. He was still active and a great companion and I will always miss him. He was 16.  Rest in Peace Oliver, no more pain.

Dino

I am so sorry Bob. I know exactly what it is like to be in that room, but don't think you did the wrong thing. You did what you had to do and that is end his suffering. Cats are very good a masking pain but it doesn't mean it's not there. Once they start fighting among each other then you know the illness is severe. The other cats can detect the changes as well so it goes both ways. You did the right thing so put the doubts out of your mind and just mourn for your buddy. Thanks for giving him a great life.

MoParJW

Ugh... that sucks.

I had been asking myself for months if I did the right thing after I put my dog to sleep, was it too early? too late maybe?, maybe I could have tried this or that...
Now almost 2 years later I have somewhat of a clearer view on it, and know it was ok, besides, when is it really the exact right time?

You did the right thing, we tend to hold on to our pets as long as possible, so ending his suffering is a very hard choice, but it is a selfless choice!
Don't waste energy on people who do not understand, you'd probably have to go through it to know what it's like.

Here's to Oliver :cheers: and the 16 years he got to live in a good home!

Good luck getting through these hard times, remember, it gets a little bit better every day...
'68 Plymouth Satellite sedan 318