News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The PET thread.

Started by Charger_Fan, July 20, 2005, 10:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polywideblock

been there and done that too , its like losing one of the family . been 3 years since I had to put my dog George down ( cancer) and while I know it was the right thing to do it still tears me up , I want another one but don't want to go through that again . it does get better as time goes by but slowly

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Fred

Just noticed it's been over a year since anyone posted on this thread. What's going on..........doesn't anyone own pets any more??

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

DeltaV

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

Fred

Now that is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

Mrs. Fred.

A383Wing

My Pembroke Welsh Corgi, named Cappy, was laid to rest today.....he was 15-1/2 years old....and I'm a total wreck right now

Bryan

Fred

So sorry to hear this Bryan. It's going to be tough for quite some time.
And any words of wisdom isn't going to make it any easier for you so I'll keep my mouth shut except to say Fred and I know what you're going through and feel for you.
Mrs. Fred

ODZKing

Sorry to hear Bryan. I know exactly what that is like.
God speed Cappy.  :'(

69rtse4spd

So sorry to hear this, they are family after all.

BDF

Yes, they are family. Sad for your loss.

MoParJW

Sorry for your loss Bryan, I lost my oldest dog at 16 years this past March.

Part of the family, absolutely, and the most loyal and trustworthy members of the family imo
'68 Plymouth Satellite sedan 318

Old Moparz

This little guy showed up hungry so I fed him a couple of weeks ago. We tried to see if he belonged to anyone on our street, even checked to see if he had a chip but no.   :shruggy:

Looks like he is mine now, so I call him Igor.   :D
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Fred

On behalf of Igor............thanks for being a nice human being.
Mrs. Fred :2thumbs:

alfaitalia

Well done dude for giving the little guy a chance. Been a cat man pretty much all my life (have had working Springer spaniels occasionally too though).......not been without a cat (or sometimes three!) since I was about 5! I love their independence....and the way when you walk through a door the dogs go mad like they have not seen you for a year......whereas the cat MIGHT lift his head from his bed as if to to say " OH....you are back then!". I'm mostly a lone wolf sort of bloke....much like cats! :2thumbs:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

DeltaV

I am by no means a "cat person", but that is a nice looking cat...and looks like one tough hombre. Good job!
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

Old Moparz

Igor looks like a tough guy but he surprised me by being a lap cat & will curl up on you, take a nap & then get mad when you try to get up.  :lol:

Right now he comes in the basement at night to eat & we have to put him in a large kennel cage while he's inside. We have two indoor cats & don't know Igor's medical history as far as what shots he may or may not have had. Once that's squared away we will take a shot at introducing him to the other cats & see what happens. Last time something like this happened I put in a pet door to the basement that led to an indoor shelter. 

Bob                

Old Moparz

The inside critters. Georgia the orange one, & Jo-Jo the gray one.
               Bob                

alfaitalia

Cool....I've had ginger and grey cats (we call them tabby....you might too!). The tabby is the spit of one I had who made it to be 19 years old!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Old Moparz

Quote from: alfaitalia on November 07, 2017, 01:22:44 PM
Cool....I've had ginger and grey cats (we call them tabby....you might too!). The tabby is the spit of one I had who made it to be 19 years old!

Yeah, we call them tabby as well.

Here she is the day after we caught her about 6 or 7 years ago. She was rummaging around under the dumpster behind my office so I set a hav-a-hart trap. She was so tiny she stepped on the trigger & the trap didn't go off. I had to sneak up & poke the trap with a stick to set it off.  :smilielol:
               Bob                

Fred

It's been a while since our last beloved dog died and even though we said we wouldn't get another we've decided we can't do without.
So say hello to Pippa, the new addition to our family.
She's only 3 days old so it will be another 2 months or so before we can bring her home but we love her already.

JB400

Enjoy your new, and cute addition

Fred

Fred

Little Pippa is two weeks old. Her eyes have just opened.........

Lennard

What a cutie. :2thumbs: What breed is she?

Fred

She is an American Bulldog. Her mother (bitch) comes all the way from Georgia USA.
She will be nothing more than a loving pet.

Lennard

Quote from: Fred on November 19, 2017, 07:38:45 PM
She is an American Bulldog. Her mother (bitch) comes all the way from Georgia USA.
She will be nothing more than a loving pet.
:2thumbs: