News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

B5 Daytona for sale in MA.

Started by Lowprofile, July 04, 2006, 01:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowprofile

This looks like a nice Daytona! :drool5:  Its my favorite color. :icon_smile_big

**Inactive Link Removed**

Sorry if this is already posted. :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Ghoste

I'm with you on that color.  B5 should be called B-body blue, it just looks so perfect on those cars.

69_500

Am I reading that right? Its not registered? but yet they used this car to set some standards on judging? Doesn't seem to add up to me. If its restored how do you use it to set standards? And is it still owned by the origional owner? Not many Daytona's left in origional owners hands these days.

Beep Beep Dave

There was quite the story about this car on Moparts. The original dealer kept the car, I can't remember all the details but I think it might have been involved in an accident while it was parked on the lot??? The gentleman who owned it last...I am not sure if it was the original dealer sold it in the spring to settle his divorce.
Well thats the storyline as I remember it, hopefully someone can fill in the blanks with some facts!
I agree though it is a very sharp looking car! I would want the white Daytona stripe, but black would do!!!

Dave   
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

tan top

awesome looking DAYTONA , yeah should have a white stripe defiantly  i think this was on ebay a few months back .
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemigeno

It's still owned by Bill C. to my knowledge, although I wouldn't know if a pending divorce is prompting the car being for sale now.  I talked with him just a couple of weeks back about it, and I think it's been in his family the entire time.  As the story goes, it's never been registered, and I think it's still "titled" with the MSO, but I wasn't concentrating on that end of the story when talking with Bill.

Bill had Vance Cummins from MI restore the car back in the late '80s or early 90's.  It wasn't a super-heavy resto effort due to the low mileage.  However, Bill and Vance still took the restoration to such a level that it was used in several Winged Warriors seminars along the lines of "How to restore your Daytona".  Part of what allowed them to restore the car and still make it accurate is how close to original condition it was when they started.  At the time there weren't that many factory-correct restorations being done, so it was a little unusual.

According to David Patik, it was then and is now one of the nicest, most accurate restorations (to factory standards) on the planet.

Vance Cummins had the car back in his shop just a few weeks ago to freshen up a few things in anticipation of listing it for sale.

With it being a desirable color combo and top-notch restoration, it would be interesting to see how it turns out ($$).  IMHO about the only things that could make a car like that more valuable would be: 1.  4-speed   2.  J-code Hemi

Beep Beep Dave

So I guess a broker is selling it for the owner? The car was for sale on Moparts earlier this year in New York state.

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

69_500

That answers a few of my questions about the car Gene.

If Dave Patik says it is one of the best restorations on a wing car you can take it to the bank that it is a clean example. I'd take his word on it.

To me it would be better if it was a 4 speed. But who am I to pick, I don't even have a wing car yet.

Charger Aficionado

Great floormats for a 1/4 million dollar car:

Ghoste

Better than getting gravel and dirt in there I suppose.  Maybe it comes with a special toothbrush to clean the tire treads too.   ;D
He should have pulled them out for the pics though.

69_500

Just the same as those crappy paper floor mats that dealerships always put in your car when servicing it.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: 69_500 on July 04, 2006, 10:28:20 PM
That answers a few of my questions about the car Gene.

If Dave Patik says it is one of the best restorations on a wing car you can take it to the bank that it is a clean example. I'd take his word on it.

To me it would be better if it was a 4 speed. But who am I to pick, I don't even have a wing car yet.
I think that car was at Carlisle in 94 and clean is an understatement.Sterile would be closer. Al
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser