News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 tail light panel color and where to buy the paint please.

Started by 2Gunz, July 05, 2006, 09:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2Gunz

What color black is the paint around the tail lights?
And where should I order it from.

Links plz  :)

And I did do a seach for it.... but all I found was info for the 68.

Brock Samson

use semi-gloss black,
I dont belive it's nessesary to go anyplace special for any special paint.
  clean and  use a scotchbrite pad to scuff off oils or wax that may be on there and will repel paint,.. mask it all very carefully and dust on the first coat,.. you don't want runs. then on a later coat go for full coverage. i did three light coats 10 min apart  it was easy and fun. one of the easyist things to do in bringing her back, a great feeling of accomplishment too!  ;D

Just 6T9 CHGR

The correct color is called Organasol Black......it is a suede textured finish

See the below TSB.

It gives  Ditzler code of DDL-9355.  Sadly the ingrediants used to mix this particular color have been outlawed.   if you bring the code to a good auto paint supply house they can cross the # and mix something close.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

lilwendal

Year one sells organasol in quarts from PPG. Mopaints will sell smaller quantities. A quarts a lot for just a tail panel. Speacially when its reduced 1.5 to 1. I purchased a quart and have done 4 tail panels and have barely used a fifth of the quart.

Mike DC

For the taillight panel "organisol," you're basically just trying too make the flattest black coating possible.

JimShine

jaak

Quote from: lilwendal on July 06, 2006, 11:19:22 AM
Year one sells organasol in quarts from PPG. Mopaints will sell smaller quantities. A quarts a lot for just a tail panel. Speacially when its reduced 1.5 to 1. I purchased a quart and have done 4 tail panels and have barely used a fifth of the quart.

I haven't used this, but I have heard some complain, that the formula now known as organasol, is different and is not actually the correct finish, like I said I have no experience with it, but I have heard others say this.

Jason

resq302

I got mine from Totally Auto.  They have it in a spray can and one can did my entire tail light panel.  Sadly, it costs $20 a can but the finish is perfect.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto