News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another Daytona on E bay

Started by Howie, July 06, 2006, 11:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

Nah my dad wasn't much of a fan of the 68 cars, he only liked the cars with the wings. I remember him telling me when I was about 3-4 years old. "Danny, if it doesn't have a wing, it doesn't mean a thing"

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on July 18, 2006, 06:09:20 PM
Nah my dad wasn't much of a fan of the 68 cars, he only liked the cars with the wings. I remember him telling me when I was about 3-4 years old. "Danny, if it doesn't have a wing, it doesn't mean a thing"

Ouch...........  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Yeah tell me about it, I guess my cars still don't mean a thing. :)

Ghoste

I hope you don't talk that way in front of them.  You did see Christine right?

69_500

Yeah but she sort of had a wing. Well fins anyways.

:)

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Ghoste on July 16, 2006, 09:00:17 AM
You'll have to change your username to "Daytonabastard" though.  ;)
Congrats.

LOLOLOL

Thanks for the best wishes guys. I have wings once again!
I am going to do a lot of digging, cleaning and stuff so I'll report on the findings as I go. As far as keeping the Groovy paint scheme........It is kinda growing on me...I won't be in any rush - too many Mopars are apart right now.
Anyway, it should arrive in about a week so let's see what I have to work with.

"DB"

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

PocketThunder

Quote from: maxwellwedge on July 22, 2006, 06:24:51 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on July 16, 2006, 09:00:17 AM
You'll have to change your username to "Daytonabastard" though.  ;)
Congrats.

LOLOLOL

Thanks for the best wishes guys. I have wings once again!
I am going to do a lot of digging, cleaning and stuff so I'll report on the findings as I go. As far as keeping the Groovy paint scheme........It is kinda growing on me...I won't be in any rush - too many Mopars are apart right now.
Anyway, it should arrive in about a week so let's see what I have to work with.

"DB"

What ever happend to this car Max? :popcrn:  I'm bored at work on a Friday afternoon so its time to refresh (dredge up) old threads for new material on the front page.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

nascarxx29

Another SE you dont see alot of them other than the Y2 yellow car from AZ.And one found in Canada by Jim that was on cars in barns.Neat retro car with those spyder motor wheels. What's the story behind it.There was a simar customized daytona like that from Chester Springs Pa 400586 I think was the vin
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

65post

Quote from: WilliesDaytona on July 06, 2006, 08:36:08 PM
Man all these COOL NONRESTORED CARS coming out of the Woodwork, I wish I could hit the Lottery so I could buy all of them and make sure they don't get made into JUST ANOTHER RESTORED WING CAR..
I hear ya.Back in the day the first thing to go on these cars were the wheels and tires then onto a flashy paint job.If I had another one it would be done up as a 70s street machine.
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

maxwellwedge

:rock: Doing the Disco Drop     Disco Down!  O0

Well the day was spent putting the rebuilt motor and trans back in. I left the K-Frame (just a good cleaning) and all the front end stuff original. I had the P/S steering box and pump rebuilt because I wanted zero leaks - but they were not repainted. The car had the original 070 fan clutch on it but I went for a new clutch for reliability. The original clutch looked and felt ok (the car only has 16,000 miles) but a fan clutch repair on a wing car will destroy your back (Unless you have Troys ACME Daytona Suspension System  ;D )

Should be making some noise in a few days!

hemigeno

Looks great, Jim!!

Did Mr. Katter do the carburetor for you?  Frank Badalson the distributor?  The whole engine looks good.   :2thumbs:

I don't remember hearing from you about whether you'd found some additional lug nuts for the Spyder wheels.  Any luck there?

You'll be Disco-ing really soon from the looks of things!!!

:cheers:

maxwellwedge

Thanks Gene.
Yup - Katter did the carb and Frank's engine guy checked out and curved the distributor. The distributor was just cleaned - except the vacuum can was replated.

I was waiting for my son to come home to be my "eyes" while I slowly lowered the hoist. Well I got everything lined up and decided to do it myself (got giddy!)

I dropped it a couple inches at a time and then ran around checking all the clearances and repeated 20 times till it was ready for the K-Frame bolts. I have done a couple Hemi's with this setup and believe it or not the 440's are a tight fit as well. I got everything hooked up except for the driveshaft - I promised some random guy rubbings and pics so I left it out.  ;)
Gas tank, driveshaft and a couple little things left then it gets fired up!

maxwellwedge

Couple more pics,,,

Moparmatty

Looking Good Jim!    :2thumbs:

That is a mighty fine k-frame/engine cart.
Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

hemi68charger

Wow Jim... Looks great......... Nice job..  :2thumbs:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

maxwellwedge

It's the car someone named me DB over!  :slap:   :rofl:

nascarxx29

Very nice keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hemi68charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 20, 2009, 09:25:27 PM
It's the car someone named me DB over!  :slap:   :rofl:

So, is this your DB-keeper?
Troy

tan top

wonder whats been happening to this car  :coolgleamA:  awesome job   :yesnod:   can't  remember but was the original color EV2 :scratchchin:

keep the pictures coming , love looking at stuff like this  :yesnod: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Davtona

Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 20, 2009, 07:29:24 PM
Thanks Gene.
Yup - Katter did the carb and Frank's engine guy checked out and curved the distributor. The distributor was just cleaned - except the vacuum can was replated.

Do I understand you correctly you had the vacuum advance replated? This is an automatic car right? I did not know they could be replated. How is this done with the diaphragm inside?  :shruggy:

UFO

Were you using the model kits instruction sheet?  :smilielol:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: UFO on June 21, 2009, 02:13:14 PM
Were you using the model kits instruction sheet?  :smilielol:

:smilielol: - Uh-Oh my secret is out!
Good eye!
A buddy gave me that the day before and I sat it on there and kind of forgot about it....too focused!

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Davtona on June 21, 2009, 12:09:01 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 20, 2009, 07:29:24 PM
Thanks Gene.

Do I understand you correctly you had the vacuum advance replated? This is an automatic car right? I did not know they could be replated. How is this done with the diaphragm inside?  :shruggy:

I'll ask the guy that did it but my guess would be the nipple end was capped off (I can see that there isn't any plating on the last half of the nipple) and the rest was somehow dipped in the plating. I have re-plated power steering hose ends as well.

hotrod98

I've been trying to find the time to build an engine/trans cradle like the one that you have, but can't seem to find the time. Who is selling them? I may just have to buy one. I have to install the driveline in the runner that I've been working on...soon.
Seems like I talked to someone at SEMA last year about them but I can't remember which company it was.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams