DodgeCharger.com Forum
November 28, 2022, 03:05:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please remember: this is the place to discuss Chargers - NOT the place to discuss politics. Political posts will be locked or deleted at the Moderator's discretion.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Restoring your VIN tag...  (Read 1309 times)
Charger Aficionado
Old Timer

Charger Fanatic

« on: July 08, 2006, 12:22:27 PM »

Is there a way to restore the Chrysler PENTASTAR and words "chrysler corporation" on the VIN tag?  Does some resto shop make decals of those???

JimShine
Old Timer

My Karma ran over your Dogma.

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 03:45:15 PM »

I have seen a dry rub on transfer that fixes these, but you need to provide proof the VIN is correct for the car and then its like $40 for the transfer. I can search around for the place that does it if you are still interested.
jaak
Old Timer

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 05:31:31 PM »

I think performance car graphics, I think thats the name in Florida, makes a decal to stick on your VIN tag

Jason

Charger Aficionado
Old Timer

Charger Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 03:37:12 AM »

I have seen a dry rub on transfer that fixes these, but you need to provide proof the VIN is correct for the car and then its like $40 for the transfer. I can search around for the place that does it if you are still interested.

So you send the VIN in?  I have trouble wanting to remove one...  I'll just keep looking for something... Perf Car Graphics?  I'll inquire there and see if I find any info...   

Thanks guys...  Anyone else?

73rallye440magnum

WTB 68 4 speed parts

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 01:32:12 PM »

I think jaak is right, performance car graphics has a decal you can buy. Charger Aficionado, I dont think I'd send an XX Vin out in the mail...

Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8
Charger Aficionado
Old Timer

Charger Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 03:14:46 PM »

I think jaak is right, performance car graphics has a decal you can buy. Charger Aficionado, I dont think I'd send an XX Vin out in the mail...

Heh... Nope.  You know I don't even have the heart to remove it.  I think it's better in it's original condition...  I'm gonna have Galen "Inspect" it beforehand anyway...  I'll take care of it while it's on...  That particular Vin belongs to that burnt Daytona that was on eBay...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: