News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Xenon headlight kit?

Started by 2Gunz, July 11, 2006, 03:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2Gunz

Im intrested in changing out the old school lights for some nice bright blue, - white ones.

More interested in the real deal not just some blue painted blubs.

Anybody have any links?

autodynamics

i did it these are true xenons

2Gunz

Whoa!!  Nice.....

What are they and where did you get the parts?

Or is it a kit?  More info and links Plz  :)

Rubberduck

Great.

This is what I need driving in the dark through the woods.

Where do you get them?

Mario
´68 Charger, 505 by CWE, 4-speed

mopar1968

autodynamics

i sell the kits ....the kit comes with new headlight housing which fit perfect and a hid kit h4 bulb...all goes for around 500 these light amke your high beams look like there off.

mopar1968

Quote from: autodynamics on July 12, 2006, 05:07:09 PM
i sell the kits ....the kit comes with new headlight housing which fit perfect and a hid kit h4 bulb...all goes for around 500 these light amke your high beams look like there off.

True Xenon units need a electronic unit, kind of like an amplifier.  You can see this in the BMW's and Lexus.  H4 bulbs are not Xenon's.  They are a newer car style housing with replaceable, brighter bulbs  and are available with different tints like blue to mimic Xenon's.  I have the white H4's in my Jeep Cherokee and it did make a considerable difference over the stock Halogen's.  Xenon's for a BMW run in the $1500 range and are brighter than H4's.

mopar1968

Quote from: mopar1968 on July 12, 2006, 05:21:33 PM
Quote from: autodynamics on July 12, 2006, 05:07:09 PM

True Xenon units need a electronic unit, kind of like an amplifier.  You can see this in the BMW's and Lexus.  H4 bulbs are not Xenon's.  They are a newer car style housing with replaceable, brighter bulbs  and are available with different tints like blue to mimic Xenon's.  I have the white H4's in my Jeep Cherokee and it did make a considerable difference over the stock Halogen's.  Xenon's for a BMW run in the $1500 range and are brighter than H4's.

Everything you did or didn't want to know about headlight technology....  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headlight

autodynamics

hey buddy h4 bulbs are xenons if thats the bulb you chhose to get. thay sell 9006 h7 9004 and so on as a direct replacement for the original bulb. the kit comes with thre ballast and bulbs hardware etc. if you have any questions i did nycmile 68 charger also!!! for 500 dallors there not just bulbs!

mopar1968

Quote from: autodynamics on July 12, 2006, 10:53:07 PM
hey buddy h4 bulbs are xenons if thats the bulb you chhose to get. thay sell 9006 h7 9004 and so on as a direct replacement for the original bulb. the kit comes with thre ballast and bulbs hardware etc. if you have any questions i did nycmile 68 charger also!!! for 500 dallors there not just bulbs!

It appears that there is H4 Xenon bulbs and H4 Halogen bulbs.  It must be the designation for the diameter and electrical connection.  Of course the difference being one is a Xenon arc and one a filament type.

Cool.  Do you have more pictures of your setup?  You said the kit includes 3 ballest and electrical connectors?  Relays? 

Thanks!

2Gunz

I still wanna know where to buy them.  ???

NYCMille

I bought the kit from Autodynamics... he does TOP NOTCH work. The lights are simply fantastic, I'll post a pic of xenons and then the standard bulbs to give a good point of reference - if you still have standard lights just take them out and throw them in the garbage, there is NO comparison. It's great when you pull out of a car show at night and you put the lights on, people never expect to see TRUE xenons in a 40 year old musclecar.

defiance

autodynamics

i sell the kits ... $500 includes bulb ballast and housings. uses factory wiring and minor modification.

2Gunz

Ok but where can I get it?

A website with pictures and information would be great.

Maybe a few car pictures with them in it.

Im very interested in this.

However paying $500 dollars for some random something is a turn off.

Pictures and a place to buy plz.

mopar1968

Quote from: 2Gunz on July 15, 2006, 01:06:49 AM

Ok but where can I get it?

A website with pictures and information would be great.

Maybe a few car pictures with them in it.

Im very interested in this.

However paying $500 dollars for some random something is a turn off.

Pictures and a place to buy plz.

:iagree:

2Gunz

So we have nothing?

You are going to make me go pull them out of a BMW or something arent you.

mikes68charger

I dont have pics yet Im still working on the install, should be done tommor. I got the H4 light convershion kit off ebay, why speend 500 when you can spend 50 for set of lights? Im going to buy another set to you as my low beams, All you have to do is break one of the prongs off the H4 Bulb to work. The only problem for my 68 charger is the light is sticking 1/2 in farther out than factory and the light doors dont want to close. So Im going to have to cut 1/2 off the light adjuster cups to get the lights to sink in even like the factory. Looks great so far and way better than factory. I will take pics if you want.

mopar1968

Quote from: mikes68charger on July 24, 2006, 11:04:00 PM
I dont have pics yet Im still working on the install, should be done tommor. I got the H4 light convershion kit off ebay, why speend 500 when you can spend 50 for set of lights? Im going to buy another set to you as my low beams, All you have to do is break one of the prongs off the H4 Bulb to work. The only problem for my 68 charger is the light is sticking 1/2 in farther out than factory and the light doors dont want to close. So Im going to have to cut 1/2 off the light adjuster cups to get the lights to sink in even like the factory. Looks great so far and way better than factory. I will take pics if you want.

$50??  Does that include the ballast???

2Gunz

I suspect hes tallking about this something like this......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/58-74-DODGE-CHARGER-EURO-DIAMOND-XENON-HID-LIGHTS_W0QQitemZ130009225280QQihZ003QQcategoryZ36476QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thats basically a halogen bulb and a blue filter to raise the color temperature a bit.

Trying to find the real deal. A lamp that is an arc source and is a natural 5600K+

Anybody?

autodynamics

HEY GUYS THE KIT IS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A $50 KIT  YOU CANNOT COMPARE THE TWO!! I WILL POST PICS OF THE HOUSINGS AND THE KIT. NYC MILE HAS THE CONVERSION I DID IT. THE KIT FITS ALL CARS BUT THERE ARE SPECIFIC BULBS FOR CARS AS FOR THE CHARGER THE HOUSINGS ACCEPT H4 BULBS THUS NEEDING A H4 CONVERSION . YOU CAN BUY THOSE KITS OFF OF EBAY HOWEVER THOSE KITS TEND TO BE CHEAP AND HAVE FOUND THAT IF YOU DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A BALLAST OR A BULB GOOD LUCK REPLACING THEM. I HAVE BEEN DOING THESE CONVERSIONS FOR 5+ YEARS AND KNOW EXACTLY WHATS GOOD AND NOT. HERE ARE SOME MORE PICS OF MY CAR WITH THE HID'S IF YOU GUYS NEED INFO ON THE KIT I CAN GET IT FOR YOU THE HOUSINGS ARE NOT OFF OF EBAY THEY ARE GERMAN GLASS HOUSINGS LIKE THE ORIGINAL. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v728/AUTODYNAMICS/

mopar1968

Thats the real problem here.  Some people assume that if it's on Ebay and it says Xenon in the description, that it's a real Xenon.  The biggest thing the kiddies are into these days is replacing their stock white bulbs with blue tinted ones to copy the look of Xenon's.

There is a reason BMW charges $3K for theirs......I wouldn't be surprised to find someone making a kit and it selling for half, but, $50?  or even $500??  Beware...Especially when we can't even get more info in a timely manner....

autodynamics

SORRY THAT I HAVENT RESPONDED FASTER, BUT THE KITS ARE AVAILABLE FOR 500 3000 WAS A PRICE FROM YEARS AGO. THERE ARE A FEW WEB PAGES YOU CAN GO TO.. HIDS4LESS.COM
I BELIEVE IS ONE.

Rack

Quote from: autodynamics on July 25, 2006, 04:54:26 PM
SORRY THAT I HAVENT RESPONDED FASTER, BUT THE KITS ARE AVAILABLE FOR 500 3000 WAS A PRICE FROM YEARS AGO. THERE ARE A FEW WEB PAGES YOU CAN GO TO.. HIDS4LESS.COM
I BELIEVE IS ONE.

If someone actually pays you that $500 you may want to invest in a keyboard that doesn't have a broken CAPS LOCK key.

2Gunz

Ok this is going knowhere fast.

Lets make this more simple.....

Autodynamics do you sell theses kits?

If you do....

Do you have pictures of the kits in the car and out?

who makes the kits that you sell?

What is the part # ?

If I wanted to buy one from you how would I contact you to do so?

Do you have a website?

What form of money do you accept?

What is included on the kit?

Do I have to buy any extra stuff that is not included in the kit?

Do I have to modify my current lamp housing?

Oh and PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES............

I cant believe how painful this is lol.

Anyway if you do sell them and would like to sell more of them I suggest you make it easy to do so.

Im still looking for any information anybody can get me.

Thanks