News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Charger Value

Started by gnrl01, July 11, 2006, 08:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnrl01

Can someone give me an idea of what a driver condition 69 Daytona would be worth? Don't know alot of about them but would like to more I have one I am looking into buying. I am checking to see what options it has, Body is descent needs some patchwork though. Thanks

262chargers

Not worth anything, just pass along the info to me.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Oh boy an aero car newbie!

Ill move this to the aero section.......

Go easy on him boys
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemigeno

OK, I'll bite...

While it's certainly possible that the car is what you say, are you certain it's a '69 Daytona?  If it's an original car, I wouldn't be giving out too many details of the car's whereabouts.  Honestly.  Original Daytonas are almost fought over by prospective buyers, and their value seems to go up faster lately than gas prices. 

I do find it strange that there's a seller and prospective buyer who have never heard of Barrett-Jackson and/or eBay...  ::)

If you have any fender tag information, I'd be glad to look it up in the database I have here and give you as much feedback as I can.  You can leave out the last digits of the VIN (or the whole VIN if you want to).  We can tell a lot about whether the car is an original Daytona just from what the fender tag reads.  FWIW, there are people on this board who have been around the Wing Car hobby for a long time, and might even know some history of the car you're looking at too.

Welcome aboard!

Geno

P.S.  If you find out it's an original Daytona, don't be surprised if you see Black Suburbans frequently circling your neighborhood.

P.P.S.  Troy??  Danny??

69_500

I see the post.  :icon_smile_tongue:

Why can't I ever find a project Daytona like that? I search high and low for them

Okay as far as a fair price for a Daytona? Hmmmm, well the rolling piece of burnt iron that was a Daytona sold for $40K lately. Last year I passed on a project Daytona that needed a paint job, and a rebuilt motor for $45K. Shows how the prices have jumped in 14 months. I should have taken the offer, but at the time it was a little high.

hemi68charger

Quote from: gnrl01 on July 11, 2006, 08:03:29 PM
Can someone give me an idea of what a driver condition 69 Daytona would be worth? Don't know alot of about them but would like to more I have one I am looking into buying. I am checking to see what options it has, Body is descent needs some patchwork though. Thanks

If you get the car and want an original Hemi '68 Charger R/T or '69 Charger 500 4-speed, let me know.......  :icon_smile_big:

Yeap, Geno and Danny, I saw......... Albeit, I'm a little late..............

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

WINGMAN

Right now if you want a 440 Daytona that needs resto ( May run and drive but not burned up ) You need 100K+. I watch the ones that come up for sale on E- Bay for the last three years and they are not going down in price. I was offered 150k for my unrestord 440 Daytona last week an turned it down. Now if you find a real Daytona that is on the up and up for less 100k than buy it ASAP. Good luck hope you get one. :icon_smile_cool: Jay
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Charger1973

How does the values of Superbirds compare with Daytonas?  I know they are less, because there were more made, but how much less? 

PocketThunder

Quote from: charger1973 on July 12, 2006, 12:49:42 AM
How does the values of Superbirds compare with Daytonas?  I know they are less, because there were more made, but how much less? 
If they both have the same engine and tranny...?  probably 2/3. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

I don't know how a Bird and a Daytona compare. I've seen a few 440 4 bbl Superbirds sell lately for $68 to $80K and they were nice looking rides. Now a comparible Daytona would set you back around $135K to $160K.

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: hemigeno on July 11, 2006, 08:27:43 PM
P.S.  If you find out it's an original Daytona, don't be surprised if you see Black Suburbans frequently circling your neighborhood.

Or maybe a Flame Red Hemi Ram... right Troy... :yesnod: :devil:

XS

BTW, I agree with WINGMAN... $100,000+ for a driveable original Daytona needing paint and minor repairs.  :P

Be careful, there are a lot of scams out there!
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

BigBlockSam

QuoteBe careful, there are a lot of scams out there!   
:iagree:  alot
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

nascarxx29

Thanks Allan .I thought my car should be worth that much as you stated as the $100K + plus.Its been off the road since 1977.I did get it when prices were affordable in the early days .And it is factory correct reference  original with 22K mile car and well documented.It currently does run and drive .But would need a total going though to road worthy and general cosmetic restoAs this picure is from 1970 when it was new .It currently doesnt look like this
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

69_500

Are you still thinking of selling your Daytona Dave?