News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

OKAY I FOUND IT!!!!!!!! But...

Started by Charger Aficionado, July 12, 2006, 03:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

O.K. I found it!!! It was hiding in a box of parts I got w/ the C500...  It IS longer by about two inches.  For some ODD reason it's CURVED/BOWED...

Daytona R/T SE, are you SURE it wasn't the other way around?  Charger was straight, and Daytona curved?  It looks perfectly arched...

69_500

I would think that the C500 trim would be curved. As the rear window plug has a curvature to it. Just like the deck lid.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on July 12, 2006, 03:09:22 PM
O.K. I found it!!! It was hiding in a box of parts I got w/ the C500...  It IS longer by about two inches.  For some ODD reason it's CURVED/BOWED...

Daytona R/T SE, are you SURE it wasn't the other way around?  Charger was straight, and Daytona curved?  It looks perfectly arched...

I'm sure. All of the trim I have laying around is stuff I've kept off of cars I've parted out over the last 25 + years of screwing around with this junk...I'm pretty sure I'd remember parting out a Daytona or a Charger 500 ;)

Picture this on a "regular" Charger: The panel between the rear glass and the trunk lid, up front in the center of the channel where the glass sits -it's HIGHER than the lower rear window corners, the rear deck panel has a crown to it, the rear window glass is cut to follow this crown, and the lower rear window trim is curved to follow this crown, also.

The Daytona / C500 trim doesn't have THIS curve in it--it's straight-IN THAT DIRECTION. However the Daytona C/500 trim IS curved in the OTHER DIRECTION-following the side to side rise and fall of the rear window plug...

I hope I'm making sense  :shruggy:

Charger Aficionado

GOTCHA.  I assumed this piece was perfect, and I guess it is (LUKCY I found it).

I didn't get you before...  GOOD thing to know for all people out there making Daytona clones, or True Daytona owners that don't have the trim.

69_500

pettyfan43

Hey Guys, there is a combination of trim pieces from other more pedestrian Mopars to create the Daytona/500 rear window trim. The real problem is I am not sure which pieces it takes, but all that stuff was pulled from normal parts bins when possible.