News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trunk weatherstripping

Started by 73rallye440magnum, July 08, 2006, 02:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73rallye440magnum

Hey guys, I'm going to put my trunk weatherstripping in soon. I was wondering if somebody could post some pics (73 Charger) Where it goes in the channel, which side of the weatherstripping faces up. Thanks.
           Jake
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

NHCharger

Pics from my 72. Still has the original weatherstripping.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

4402tuff4u

I'm not sure on the third gen, but on second gen Chargers I believe the weather strip starting point if offset a few inches off the center rear lip of the trunk for "correctness". I saw it on a survivor/for-sale Charger at Carlisle. Approx 2" off center towards the passenger side.  :icon_smile_wink:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

73rallye440magnum

Great, thanks a lot guys, Ive got it in now/
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

71charger_fan

If you haven't yet done it, don't forget to cut it just a bit too long. About 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch if memory serves. Then just kind of force the ends to fit together. That way, when it dries out and starts to shrink, which it will, the ends won't pull apart.