News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 Trunk Tail Light Cover

Started by B5 Charger, August 18, 2005, 12:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B5 Charger

Wasn't there a company reproducing these big plastic tail light covers?  Does anybody know who it was?

Charger4404spd

Yeah the company is here in Tennessee. There I believe $175 or so. They advertise in the mags. Ill see if I can find it.

Charger4404spd

Whew, after thumbing thru about 50 mags, I finally found it.

RMC Corp.
PO Box 97
Piney Flats,Tn 37686

423-538-5100

Mopar Collectors Guide , June 2004, page 20

B5 Charger

Do they have a website?  Has anyone ever bought one of these repo covers?

Charger4404spd

No website that I know of. I did see these in person and they look really good.

B5 Charger

Thanks for the info 4-speed.   ;)

Charger4404spd

resq302

Quote from: B5 Charger on August 19, 2005, 10:10:07 AM
Do they have a website?  Has anyone ever bought one of these repo covers?

I bought one a couple years ago only to find that it didn't fit because there are two different depth tail lights.  The one they repro is the narrow version where as I have the deep version.  Once I got it, they failed to tell me that when I was placing the order.  I returned it to them (in the original box and packing... or should I say lack there of) and the guy was all pissed at me cause the part had all kinds of shift scratches in the plastic and now claimed he could not sell it because it was in such poor condition.  After a lot of words back and forth, and me threatening to contact my credit card company and dispute the charge, he finally credited me back the money.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Mr. Lee

Does anybody know what the original name is for this part?

Also, what would be the value of an original one these days?

Ghoste

I think its just called a taillight cover.  For an original, I don't know, 100- 200 bucks?

resq302

They do repro them and the repros go for I think $179 but might be wrong.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Ghoste

It's around there, that's where I based my value guess.  I figure if you can get a repro you can't get much for the original if they are the same but they only repop the one style so if you need the other one and someone has it, it's gonna be more.