News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Resize pics?

Started by Back N Black, July 18, 2006, 08:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back N Black

Hi all,
New to the sight and would like to post a couple of pics of my "PROJECT 69" Charger.The problem is I don't know how to down size the pics.
Great site Btw.this is what motivated me to take on such a project and loving every minute of it.

Jim in LA

back - also an AC/DC fan! nice.

do you have photoshop or photoshop elements? elements is cheap - for PCs only - if you have a mac, you should have iPhoto. both programs will resize for you pretty easily.

i typically size my images when i post to the 1970chargerregistry.com site to 500 pixels wide. that's a good size for clarity but not too big for people running crappy computers with monitor resolutions of only 800 (they know who they are!  :icon_smile_dead: - time to upgrade!).

i've noticed this site truncates (automatically cuts down) the width of large photos automatically, which is nice - just right-click on any oversize pic and view it in a separate window or tab (Firefox) and you can see the whole thing.

but to make it easier, just get a copy of photoshop deluxe or use iphoto.

free image hosting is everywhere; lots of people seem to use photobucket or similar.

hope this is helpful.  :thumbs:

by the way, i agree: this site and the 1970chargerregistry.com are absolutely the greatest sites ever for charger owners. PERIOD!

Back N Black

Thanks for the info Jim, photo bucket worked I just made them too small.

Jim in LA

yeah, 500 pixels wide seems to be good.

don't worry about the height - just do the width for standardization.

let me know when you get some pics posted!  :thumbs:

SeattleCharger

Here is a great photo working free program that I downloaded maybe two years ago, it works great and there were no catches or spamming or bugs, etc., from the free download.  Its Serif Photoplus 6.0.  They give away this version hoping you will buy newer versions in the future, have gotten one email once every two or three months at most.   You can do many of the things photoshop can do, and has huge file storage of your modified pics.  Has a directions index and table of contents, seems a little complicated at first to figure out manual/directions, but once you start figuring out the first things, it is easier to figure out other things, very well worth the time spent.  Main benefit is optimizing photos, which is changing the file size without changeing the width and height of photo, especially if you download digital pictures a lot, they go right into this program if you want, and you can resize them, resize the megabytes of them to under 200K, then export them to your misc. email files or whatever.   You can crop, flip horizontally,vertically, rotate any degree, combine pictures, layer pictures, touch up paint pictures, do photochops, change lighting and contrast to high degrees, do animation, etc., have any questions just ask.  I am not associated with this software at all, just sharing my good luck finding this:

http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/default.asp

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.