News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sequence/Steps for Installation of Interior on a 68 Charger

Started by 4402tuff4u, July 19, 2006, 01:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4402tuff4u

Just to save myself some steps and repetitious work of assembling and disassembling because I installed in wrong sequence (seems like I've been doing that quite often lately! :flame:)..........does anyone have a basic sequence in installing the interior of a 68 Charger? In other words, what gets installed first, second, third, etc.... Of course the insulation panels/sound barriers go first, but does the kick plates go in first or does the carpet? Does the quarter glass side panel go in first or does the back seat go in first? Does the bottom rear base seat go first or does the back rest seat part go first? Appreciate any feed back, thanks. ???
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Recharger

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on July 19, 2006, 01:42:22 PM
does the kick plates go in first or does the carpet? Does the quarter glass side panel go in first or does the back seat go in first? Does the bottom rear base seat go first or does the back rest seat part go first? Appreciate any feed back, thanks. ???

The kick plates go in after the carpet, the back seat goes in after the panels, and I think the rear seat bottom goes in after the back.  So far all I've installed is the insulation and carpeting, so I'm not 100% positive on the order of the rest of it, but as far as I can tell the best order would be:

insulation/sound deadener
headliner
carpeting (front 1/2 first, then rear)
trunk barrier & plastic door barriers
rear "door" panel chrome trim
rear panels
rear upper pads (and supports if they're off)
rear panel end trim (by the door)
sill plates & extensions
package tray
rear seat belts
rear seat back
rear seat bottom (not 100% on the order of those two)
dashboard (if it's out)
kick panels
console or buddy seat
front seat belts
front seats
armrests, handles, etc...

Again, this is based on my best guess, so if anyone who has already been through this sees any errors in my logic, please let me know so I can avoid a few headaches too. 

Ghoste

:iagree:  It kind of goes top, bottom, and sides.  Try and think of the most efficient way to do it as it were moving down an assembly line.

MadScientist

Dont forget to add in the heater box, pedal assy, e brake mechanism, wiper actuators, windshield.  Im actually on ther verge of this myself and am just doing it in the reverse order of the disassembly (as half-arsed as it was.....) Headliner last??????? :-)

MS