News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about making a MISTAKE on the 500...

Started by Charger Aficionado, July 20, 2006, 08:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemigeno

I know of collectors though that would prefer a project car over a restored car.  These are the guys that enjoy seeing the car torn all the way down, and putting it back together in a way that suits them.  The only reason I say that is just to point out that selling the car in project status doesn't necessarily preclude getting your money/investment back out of it.  NOS parts are almost always worth more in the boxes than on a car too.

BigBlockSam

hey Mister
i remember what you bought it for. i was rite behind you if you didn't grab it. it wasn't alot for that car. not at all. you got it cheap.so how did you get yourself in trouble. look i ain't busting your balls, but  at the price you got it for you should make a nice profit. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Charger Aficionado

hmmm  I certainly wouldn't sell if for anywhere near what I got it for. 
Like I said alot was parts, but not for just this car, but others too...  I have added 10k in parts, bodywork and the engine re-build on it alone so-far.  That's easy to do.  I will not sell it any other way than put it to a public auction regardless if I decide to finish it or not, that wouldn't be wise of ANYONE to do that.

69_500

I'd have to think about it to make you an offer. I'd prefer to pick up a Daytona project, or car, but another 500 wouldn't be so bad either.

Ghoste

If you're set on selling it by auction then I think you'd best stick with the suggestions to paint it black.

69_500

My opinion is the oppoite of Ghoste's I say paint it F8 if you intend on selling it at auction. Just my .02

Charger Aficionado

purple70rt

Ghoste

The thing is, unless you had two otherwise identical cars and ran them through the auction back to back, you will never really know which color would bring the most money.

69_500

True there Ghoste, but I do know where 2 of the other SE with A/C car are , and they are both about 30 miles from my house now.
The other one is in Georgia. Maybe we can get all 4 to go to an auction at the same time. :)

jk

Ghoste

I'd just like to see all 4 at the same time. :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

69_500

Seeing two at the same time was quite impressive to me.

I'm still talking to the Indianpolis Motor Speedway about using their facility for a car show. If they agree to it, I'm hoping to have one of the largest gatherings of Charger 500's ever.

ChargerHound69

Is your girlfriend ready to sell though?  When I talked to her about selling it to me she just gave me the cold shoulder.  I am still interested in the car.

69_500

Thats the exact opposite of my wife. Everytime someone comes around, she wants to sell them the 500.

Ghoste

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: ChargerHound69 on July 26, 2006, 11:37:39 AM
Is your girlfriend ready to sell though?  When I talked to her about selling it to me she just gave me the cold shoulder.  I am still interested in the car.

Oh that was you?  heh...  Yeah, she wants it finished.  If I had gone against this from the begining, we probably would be in the positive...?  She drives me nuts...  This is one car that I would like to complete, but if the offer is good enough, I think it'd be fine to end it here. 

chrisII

what sucks about this debate is that if you paint it black you will find 3 buyers who would rather have #matching. if you paint it green you will have 3 buyers who are like   :sick:  green? its a crapshoot. my charger was factory red, but i prefer silver or any one of like 4 other colors. itll probably be silver, but its not a vlauable car so it doesnt matter. its tough to decide on a one of four but i think being that rare it would be better in origional color...

RT DAVE

I think you realize painting black is a mistake based purely on the title of this thread...   
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

TiMopar

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on July 20, 2006, 08:17:35 PM
  Well...  I'm going insane not wanting to paint the 500 F8 Green.  I AM re-selling it on eBay or at B.J. and I'm going crazy because I absolutley HATE F8.  Will I loose or make money if I do it Black?  I'm DYING to do it black, am I on crazy pills???  HELP Advice needed...

Just to say I love F8 Green. People are so fickle with their tastes; how is it every 67/68 Mustang Fastback seems to end up that colour just cos Steve McQueen liked it? Don`t want to hijack your thread but does anyone know who now owns the F8 Daytona 440-4speed with white stripe that has a hood tach and the front spoiler painted white? Saw this car at the Mopar Nats in 1984 at indianapolis and fell in love with it. Would like to know if it still exists...

Ghoste

I remember that car.  I have pics of it somewhere from back then but I couldn't tell you where that car is today.

69_500

You mean this car?

Ghoste

TiMopar

Quote from: 69_500 on August 09, 2006, 09:24:29 PM
You mean this car?

Thats the one! Looks like Indy too. Think It was for sale in MCG  a few years back, wearing steals and Dogdish caps....

69_500

I don't know off the top of my head, but when he mentioned a F8 Daytona with a hood tach, I knew I had that picture. I believe that picture was taken at Indy, it seems to match up pretty well with some other photo's that I know my dad shot at Indy in around 1984. I have a few more photo's of that car as well.

THE CHARGER PUNK