News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'73 SE wiper short?

Started by TheCob, July 21, 2006, 06:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCob

Ok here is the deal. I started up the car after it had been sitting for like 3 years and the wipers wouldn't work. They worked before I has stored it, but they wouldnt come on. I looked under the hood and saw that there were some wires that were disconnected from the wiper motor. I moved them so that they made contact and the wipers came on. Problem solved right? I put a quick connect clip on the wires and cliped them to the motor. I went to test it and they worked. I went back under the hood and noticed that they were disconnected, but the wipers were still on. I turned them off and on several times and they worked. WTF? I figured that I would just leave it alone. The next day I went to turn them on and nothing! That night I was driving home and it started to rain so I thought it was worth a try, and they came on! Obviously there is a short somewhere, but what are the wires for that attach to the outside of the motor? On the left side there is a pair of red wires and on the right there is a single green wire. Any thoughts? Please help! Thanks ???