News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

superbird regestry ?

Started by sunroofsuperbird, July 27, 2006, 06:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunroofsuperbird

Hi Is there a superbird daytona registry that you can see the # for cars registered. Or better yet were I could regester a car I owned 22 years ago to protect any future buyers since these cars are worth so much now days. It was destroyed in a fire with no way of fixing except a rebody. I traded the vin tags Title and a few pieces off it on a Challenger conv way back then. The guy just wanted them to keep for show and was never going to use them? But with the money on these cars now days you know what could happen. I have no problems with rebodys [I love them] Buy Buyers should be told that it is a rebody all the way down the line? Anyway just a thought!!
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

hemi68charger

There are two organized clubs, the Winged Warriors and the Daytona/Superbird club......

http://www.superbirdclub.com/

http://wwnboa.org/

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemigeno

There technically isn't an official registry of either body type (Daytona or Superbird), but a number of people do keep track of such information independently.  I would think the best thing to do is to let the wing car clubs know about your car's identity, and they usually keep an eye out for just such a situation as yours.

Give the following people the heads-up (if you haven't already):

Doug Schellinger, Prez of the Daytona Superbird Auto Club
dsac@execpc.com

Sue George, Prez of the Winged Warriors / National B-body Owner's Association
hemi@willinet.net

These two clubs are a great place to start in order to make sure that no one tries to "resurrect" your car.  If the car was a Daytona, I would gladly log it in the database I keep, but I'm not going to be much help with a Superbird - I pretty much stick to the Daytona info (no offense to the 'Bird guys intended).  There's always the Galen Govier option too...

69_500

Just a side note but there are a few other gentlemen who keep track of Superbirds pretty well, they are Dave Patik, and then there is always wingcars6970.

Dave patik does have a pretty extensive list of Superbird information as well as the DSAC and Winged Warriors.