News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So What's The Deal With Criss Angel?

Started by Chris G., July 29, 2006, 08:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris G.

OK guys, I watched a marathon of his show today, and was either real shocked and impressed, or real taken. What's the dealy with him? Is this stuff somehow real? Is everyone in the crowd "hired" to react the way they do?

What's scoop on him?

Drache

I watched his show whenver I can but some of his "tricks" I'm not sure you can fake, like lifting a car, or have a hummer drive on his chest while he lies on a bed of nails.  :-\
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Telvis

Thay are all tricks, Illusions or otherwise. He has no magical power. He's an entertainer. :yesnod:

PlumBad70

I would love to know how he does that stuff...freaky stuff
Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 4x4

RD

maybe he sold his soul to the devil!!!!  :icon_smile_evil:  :icon_smile_evil:  :icon_smile_evil:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Orange_Crush

He's a magician...an illusionist.  He makes you see what he WANTS you to see by using misdirection.  You can find how he performs ALL his tricks by doing sone google searches.

Lifting the car is relatively simple if you use a "rigged" car with a good water ballast system...works REALLY well in a car with a large rear overhang (like a crown Vic taxi).
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

AKcharger

Quote from: RD on July 29, 2006, 10:34:18 PM
maybe he sold his soul to the devil!!!!  :icon_smile_evil:  :icon_smile_evil:  :icon_smile_evil:

DARN I was just about to say that!

dodgecharger-fan

They are all REAL tricks.

What he does is nothing simple and easy. It takes a lot of work and a lot of the things he does requires strength and agility.

However, if you put in the effort and get connected to the right people, you could do everything he does.

I have a bit of background in magic - only a little. I studied when I was young. My uncle is a magician.
We've discussed some of Chris' illusions and while we both understand some of the underlying principles to the illusions, a lot still stump even my uncle.

Some of the more amazing things can be done without "plants" while some just require it. Period.
The trick where he got the two girls to pull the lady apart on the park bench - good thing she was wearing that long billowy skirt, huh?
Her scream lacked believability and someone who just got their lower body ripped off doesn't know how to run away on her hands.

Still, I can't explain how she walked up to the bench and sat down. It looked totally natural. I watched it several times.

He's just damn good at what he does.

AKcharger