News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trunk Pan Replacement

Started by MoparUSAF, August 16, 2005, 03:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparUSAF

Hello

I'm about to start the long overdue resto on my '69 Charger and could use a little help.

Replacement of the trunck pans both left and right, including the removal of the old metal and the installation of the new, weld seal and primer top and bottom

Average price quote $800.00

Area Southern New Jersey

Does this sound about right?

Regards and thanks to all in advance,
Mike

Drop Top

Sounds cheap to me. But I live in Calif.

MoparUSAF

Really!
OK now I don't feel so bad!

JimShine

Be sure these guys can deliver what they promise before you give them your car. I had a place tell me everything I wanted to hear concerning replacement of my trunk pans. The price was $800. What they did was cut out only the worst of the rot (approximately 3x4 feet), cut my new pan up to patch, weld it up and the "undercoating" was actually some sort of tar or hard rubber slathered on to hide the patch job. There still was rust in much of the old panel left behind. Maybe not huge holes, but the new pan should have replaced the entire floor.

69hemi

If that is for a total floor replacement it is a good price.  Just make sure you and the body-shop both agree on how it is to be done before you commit.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

BigBlockSam

thats a good price if they drill out all the spot weld and replace it like the factory did
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

dewey cheatham

I think it is a prety good price if they do the job right...drilling or grinding out the spotwelds. There are about a million of them. (Texas price menatlity)    I replaced mine and it is a job I remember vividly...probably learned a couple new words during the process.  The welding in of the new 2-piece floor was nothing compared with the removeal of the old one.  Ask to see some of their work before you leave your car there.

cudaken

Is that $800 and you supply the floor or is that with them buying the floor? Does not cheap or high if for labor only. Depending on how bad your floor is you might want to save some of the orginal. DFS68 Charger's trunk floor was still solid but had pin holes in the center. So we just replaced the center and saved the rest.

Mine on the other hand, there was nothing to save.

Depending on what they are saying need's to be done, tell them you want to see it cut out before new floor is installed.Tell them you want to take some PIC for your scrap book. Not like you don't trust them.

Cuda Ken
I am back