News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

where do you work ?

Started by 69bananabeast, August 19, 2005, 04:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparbryan

swing shift mechanics foreman for a fleet of approx. 100 garbage truck's
                                                        Bryan

monty76

Intel in Santa Clara, Ca. turning a wrench on the tools here plus Navy Reserves, turn a wrench there too for that matter

Drop Top

About 15 years ago I turned my hobby into my everyday job, and my everyday job into my hobby. I restore cars as my mainstay and own 150 acre farm for my side work. With the growth of the area that I'm in. I'll probably sell the acerage in about 3 to 4 years and then just do the restorations for a hobby again. I have to have some nice cars that I can call my own. I don't have time to work on them know.

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

CB

Quote from: mustanghater on August 20, 2005, 12:07:13 PM
nothing

don'tknow if I should laugh or cry.
Oh well I'll do both... ;D :'(

j/k

I work as a funeral director. 
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

charger490

i am retired from truck driving 43 years. now i am teaching truck driving for the state of new york.19.00 an hour.also i work on a farm part time. i also sell cow sh*t to people for there gardens 20.00 for a pickup load. i also work for a milk hauler taking a load to pittsburg once in a while.180.00 a trip.also haul corn to the mill in november. who is retired charger490

Lowprofile

I am a Owner/Operator-Truck Driver. I am Leased to a Company that only hauls Entertainment Tours. Rock & Roll, Country, R&B, Hip-Hop, etc... For the past 2 1/2 years I've been touring with the WWE.
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Telvis

Quote from: gsmopar on August 19, 2005, 08:55:30 PM
Process engineer at Intel.

Currently fighting with my pool builder.   Can you guys hook me up with the proper escallation path when I've exhausted all means of dealing with the company directly?

Later,

Greg

Greg, Unfortunately there are a ton of dirtbags in the pool business. You can notify the BBB and file civil proceedings. You can also contact the state attorney generals office for help. You aren't the first to have probelms with pool builders.

NHCharger

Self-employed. General contractor. I build new homes, additions, remodel, blah, blah. Been my own boss for 15 years. Also own 12 rental units with my Dad, my wife and I maintain and manage them.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

golden73

I work for the 2nd biggest distributor of Western snowplows in the country. We typically install 600-700 plows a year. I also install van interiors for fleet vehicles (cabinets and shevles), put on dump bodies and utillity bodies when we aren't slammed with plow orders.

TheGhost

Quote from: CB on August 20, 2005, 12:34:05 PM
I work as a funeral director. 

I hope we never meet on buisness..... :o
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Afflyer

I'm sure you've all figured out that my screen name, AFFLYER, stands for Air Force Flyer- which is what I do for a living.   ;)

I'm a MC-130E "Combat" Talon I, flight engineer.   I'm the busiest SOB on the flight deck; running checklists, backing up the pilots on all phases of flight, monitoring and working all aircraft systems inflight, being the focal point for any and all inflight emergencies and generally being the "conscious" of the whole crew.   

It's the kind of job where if one person screws up or is just slightly behind the power curve- we all could get killed.   It's THAT serious of a job.   No room for mistakes.

We go to places you never hear or read about in the news, cause that's the way Special Operations runs business; the "Quiet Professionals".   And wherever I would go, I could never tell you about anyway.

I wear this dark green flight suit with pride.   And I've done so for over seventeen years now.   I wear it so all of the left wing nut jobs who support the ACLU and terrorists, or moms who protest outside of the presidents ranch for their dead sons who volunteered to go into harms way, or liberals who bitch about our conservative goverment...all of them can keep on doing just that.

Bradley   :devil:

Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

DarkAngel0816

When I was growing up I really dreamed (well one of the things I dreamed about) to be an Air Force pilot.

But right now I work as a Lender Support Analyst and starting next week I will be back in college again to try and finish my degree this time lol.   ( I go to school for awhile...do well...then take a long extended break).   Once I finish I will have a Journalism/PR degree with a minor in music.

I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

dkn1997

Quote from: Telvis on August 20, 2005, 04:44:04 PM
Quote from: gsmopar on August 19, 2005, 08:55:30 PM
Process engineer at Intel.

Currently fighting with my pool builder.  Can you guys hook me up with the proper escallation path when I've exhausted all means of dealing with the company directly?

Later,

Greg

Greg, Unfortunately there are a ton of dirtbags in the pool business. You can notify the BBB and file civil proceedings. You can also contact the state attorney generals office for help. You aren't the first to have probelms with pool builders.

Very true.  We take over many jobs where the original builder just disappeared.  What problems exactly are you having?  scheduling? workmanship?  A pool is a very unique thing.  It incorporates many different areas.  , plumbing, electric, masonary, excavation.  It is very hard to find a company who can arrange to get all these things done.

Most people have zero clue what it's even supposed to look like or how it's supposed to work.   You build a pool and a good portion of the people you work for have never owned one.  Try selling someone a car who cannot drive it and the last time they saw one was when they were 13.  So now you have to explain the features, sell the car, and teach them how to drive......

I don't say the above as an indictment of the general public.  But the lack of understanding results in many problems in this business.

GS, I would be willing to bet that one of the following is happening:

1.  the process/schedule was never written out clearly and given to you
2.  the guy who actually sold you the pool has vaporized
3.  when you call the office, you get a machine, or talk to several people, none of which knows what's going on and you never get the same answer twice.
4  the guys who showed up at your jobsite to work resembled heroin addicts
5. The wrong materials showed up at the job and all the guys just went home and nobody called you to tell you.

check your pm's anyway, or call me at 631 806 0969 and maybe I can give you some info to get you back on the right track with these clowns.
RECHRGED

derailed

Moving americas freight via rail

emily

I am a Nurse Practitioner at a large academic and medical research center in the midwest.   Started off for many years in ICU/ER/Trauma/Burn.  Now I run a national center for a patients with a rare fatal disease.   It's an honor to be trusted by these patients and families during this time of their lives.   It's humbling work, and very rewarding.   Sort of realigns your focus and priorities.   Good stuff.

Got 2 Master's degrees, have a full time clinical appointment plus I lecture in graduate school, undergraduate classes, medical school, and at conferences in the US and Europe.   That way I get to see the world at the University's expense.   Sweeeet    :icon_smile:

em

bull

Quote from: emily on August 21, 2005, 06:07:50 AM
I am a Nurse Practitioner at a large academic and medical research center in the midwest.   Started off for many years in ICU/ER/Trauma/Burn.   Now I run a national center for a patients with a rare fatal disease.   It's an honor to be trusted by these patients and families during this time of their lives.   It's humbling work, and very rewarding.   Sort of realigns your focus and priorities.   Good stuff.

Got 2 Master's degrees, have a full time clinical appointment plus I lecture in graduate school, undergraduate classes, medical school, and at conferences in the US and Europe.   That way I get to see the world at the University's expense.   Sweeeet    :icon_smile:

em

Wow! :o Important stuff.

emily

Quote from: bull on August 21, 2005, 06:29:22 AM
Quote from: emily on August 21, 2005, 06:07:50 AM
I am a Nurse Practitioner at a large academic and medical research center in the midwest.   Started off for many years in ICU/ER/Trauma/Burn.   Now I run a national center for a patients with a rare fatal disease.   It's an honor to be trusted by these patients and families during this time of their lives.   It's humbling work, and very rewarding.   Sort of realigns your focus and priorities.   Good stuff.

em

Wow! :o Important stuff.

Nah.   Just different work.   Spent my time in factories and the like while I was in school scraping to get by.   Worked all my life, doing whatever I could to get to this point now.   I come from a farming family, so there is really not a lot of kinds of work I haven't done.   But it's really sweet to be able to make a living at something you love to do.   And this is my love.   Just like making cars beautiful and run well is the major passion here.   I admire you all so much for your talent and hard work.   Not to mention your awesome cars.  They're works of art.      :icon_smile:

em

AKcharger

Air Force, F-15C maintenance...I tell people to fix airplanes and get yelled at when they don't.

Wakko

Wow, how cool is the diversity?  What's even cooler is that we're all vital to America's infrastructure.  Well, except for mustanghater.  :) 

After being a full time sub teacher and an on-air personality for a Christian rock station (WayFM for those of you in the know!) I've settled into policework.  Free gas and bullets.  Woohoo!
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Drache

Quote from: Wakko on August 21, 2005, 10:34:38 AM
Free gas and bullets.   Woohoo!

Lord help us all....  :icon_smile_big:

Hey and what abot us Canadian "Peace Officers" way up here huh? lol!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Telvis

Hey Wakko, don't forget the free fountain drinks at mini marts!

69bananabeast

Does anyone know how much a concrete cutter makes a year? Had a friend tell me the other day he gets about 50-60K a year and he's like 19 or 20
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

grizzlygiff

I drive a semi truck for an environmental contractor. We do everything from chemical spills to hauling garbage to the landfills. I work out of the city of Lexington, Ky. My job is not very glamorous, since I mainly haul 22 ton loads of sewer sludge to area landfills. I also have a farm with a dairy operation, as well as tobacco and hay crops. You need a "public job" to support a farming habit nowadays, but this land has been in my family for three generations and farming is where my heart will always be. Hey Telvis, guess you know all about Old Frankfort Pike and Town Branch, Huh?

Blusmbl

Roush Industries, under the umbrella of Roush Racing and Roush Performance.  I'm a program coordinator, instrumentation coordinator, and associate calibration engineer.  I work in the powertrain development division, we're primarily contracted to SVT.

It's stressful, but has it's perks.
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger