News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone ever see a Superbird dealership neon sign?

Started by JimShine, August 11, 2006, 10:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimShine

During my travels in Georgia, I was in a shop and a guy had two neon signs on the wall. One said 'Plymouth' with a sort of flag outlined around it and the other also said Plymouth, but had the outline of a Superbird below it. They looked old, but also a little crude. Has anyone ever seen one of these? He told me he may sell them. I am not interested really as he wanted more for them than I paid for my Charger, but I was curious if they were even legit.

69_500

I saw a sign years ago that was neon with a Superbird on it. However I couldn't tell you if it was something that someone made up on their own, or if it was something that Chrysler did.

So did you only pay like $50 for your Charger? JK. I hope he really isn't asking $3K plus is he?

JimShine

He wants way too much. The transformers were old, but I figured they could have been taken from old beer signs (that is the most expensive part of the sign and some people will recycle an old transformer to save money). He had Richard Petty sign them both years ago. I think he is going to have to sit on them for quite a while.

Aero426

69_500

I'm going to take it then that the ones I seen years ago weren't a factory sign, but rather something that someone made up on their own then.

JimShine

Ghoste

6PK Runner might be the guy to ask.  He seems to have the ultimate collection of advertising memorabilia.  At least in print material.
If anyone knows Steven Juliano, he seems to have the largest collection of dealership advertising stuff so between those two, one of them must know for sure.

69_500

I would say that Juliano has by far the largest colletion of stuff like signs and the such. His collection is incredible.

Ghoste

Agreed.  It's just that 6pkrunner is more accessible for most of us here.

69_500

Thats true, I don't see Steve posting anywhere anymore. He used to post once in a great while on Moparts, but then again I don't go there anymore myself.

Ghoste

Me either and I probably should check in there once in a while.  I suppose somebody like that didn't get the money for that collection by sitting around playing on the computer forums all day so I'd guess his time is mainly spent with real work.

69_500

Didn't Juliano make his money through the night club industry? Or I could be mistaken.

Ghoste