News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bondo vs Metal to Metal

Started by 69bananabeast, August 21, 2005, 10:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bananabeast

What are the advantages and disadvantages to each one ?
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Silver R/T

metal to metal has fiberglass in it, sands smoother.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

JimShine

It is also water (moisture) resistant unlike Bondo.

69bananabeast

Jus trying to find out the best way and see what every one else experience has been  . I know that metal to metal is more exspensive.  I want to restore cars for as long as I can and I want to be able to use the best ways I can.   
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Drop Top

Metal to Metal has Metal (aluminum) in it, not Fiberglass. Kitty Hair or Everglass has fiberglass in it. Metal to Metal has to go over bare metal. Regular plastic filler (Bondo) must go over a primer. Metal to Metal is very hard and must be knocked down with at least 36 grit. Then a sealer primer and then you work the area as usual. It is made as a lead substitute. Only use it where a heavy fill would be needed. I use it and keep a qt on hand all the time. It won't sag over time like lead will. I have been using it for over 5 years with no problems at all. Like anything else. Allways  fallow the instructions that are on the can.

beenaround

i agree,metal to metal has a very specific use.the idea is to use a very thin coat over a metal patch.in other words don't use it as a filler as you would use bondo!metal to metal includes the evercoat system.take the time to look it up online.