News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are there different shades of Bright Blue for 68-70 Chargers?

Started by 69chargerboy, August 23, 2006, 12:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerboy

I was wondering if there was a color difference between 68 to 70 QQ1 and B5? I have noticed this difference on many occasions. I know some depends on the type of day it is and how the car was painted etc... To me QQ1 looks a shade darker. Is there a difference or is it just me?
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

RT DAVE

Here's a link to paint chips for all three years (and then some)  There are lots of different blues out there.  I think   qq1 and b5 are the same. 

http://www.mymopar.com/tools.htm
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Recharger

You're right, QQ1 and B5 are different, the QQ1 is a bit darker.  I'm not sure if B5 is different from 69 to 70, but I know the 68 color was a little darker.  I had a hell of a time trying to figure out what QQ1 should look like when I was repainting my engine bay (someone painted the body B5) so I just settled for "close enough."  If you figure out anything definitive, let me know.

69 OUR/TEA

The PPG # for 69 and 70 B5 in DBC basecoat is 2019,so they are the same,71 B5 # is 2025 so B5 did change color for 71,but is still called B5 blue.Never seen them parked side by side ,but if I remember correctly B5 looks darker for 71 and up.I had a 73 cuda that was B5 and recall it looking darker than 69 and 70 B5.As for 68,never looked it up,so I could'nt answer you on that.