News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Son's 16th and his new Mopar

Started by hemi68charger, August 20, 2006, 11:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Well, just past another hallmark of time, one's 16th birthday... Here's my step-son Josh with his "new" mopar........ Slant-6, auto and cold blowing air for those hot Texas days........ Hopefully it'll last next year  :icon_smile_big:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

70charginglizard

Nice truck. Looks real solid.

You ganna help him transition to a big block someday.  :icon_smile_approve:
70charginglizard

bull

It'll last a lot longer than that. Those are good pickups.

hemi68charger

The next year comment was on a new-driver thing.... His Pop and I split the difference on buying it for him at $1500.. Not bad at all !!!!

There'll be no transition to a big block on this.. Maybe one day I'll see about a b-body for him...........

T
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

BB1

Delete my profile

whitehatspecial

My .02 on buying a car for your son. I did this and it worked great for 2 of mine. Make him pay for 1/2 the vehicle and 1/2 the insurance. We broke it down to weekly payments.  He'll respect driving his own car and learn that it isn't cheap.

I keep his payment money in a separate savings account and will give it all back to him when he reaches 21.
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

69_500

Ah come on now Troy, let the boy drive Dana to school one day.

:)

Silver R/T

teaches responsibility, congrats to him on his first truck
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

BigBlockSam

good thinking Troy. small motor, plus lotsa metal around him to keep him safe. perfect first car. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

rt green

wow. the no rust option. that wasnt avalible up north!   lol
third string oil changer

hemi68charger

Quote from: rt green on August 21, 2006, 06:40:43 AM
wow. the no rust option. that wasnt avalible up north!   lol

You ain't kidding.. The body has some dents and dings, but hey, it's an older truck.. The body is rock solid........
Troy

PocketThunder

WOW Rust Free holy crap!!  Send that body up here when your done with it.  My Whitey needs some new metal   :icon_smile_big:   :yesnod:

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

firefighter3931

Very nice Troy  :2thumbs:....i'm sure your son is one happy camper right now.  :icon_smile_big: I can't belive how rust free those southern vehicles are !  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

A lot nicer than my first vehicle and it was only 5 years old when I got it.  He looks pleased too in that first pic Troy.

duo-stripe

Hey T,
You are infecting your entire family with the MoPar-virus  :icon_smile_big:

Josh....congratz!

Grtz Marcel
MoPars overseas...<br />MoPars in the Netherlands

472 R/T SE

Flip those rear springs and chop the front so it's sittin' in the weeds and I'm sure you have some aftermarket wheels.  :icon_smile_wink:

PocketThunder

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on August 22, 2006, 11:26:09 AM
Flip those rear springs and chop the front so it's sittin' in the weeds and I'm sure you have some aftermarket wheels.  :icon_smile_wink:

He can get a set of wheels right here!  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,17454.0.html
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 22, 2006, 11:51:00 AM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on August 22, 2006, 11:26:09 AM

He can get a set of wheels right here!  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,17454.0.html

Paul, you're a punk !!!   hahahaha   Never !!!!!

Mike, he's taking this one on his own... The truck is kept at his house... He lives with his Dad now.. I'll be one to help him maintain it.. He and his Dad will be in charge of any "blinging" he may wanna do.. I'm giving him sole say in anything he wishes to do to it... I know I wouldn't have wanted my Dad to tell me what I could and couldn't do, albeit, I'll make sure he's not doing anything unsafe or damaging to the truck........ I can tell he's getting more excited about it... The only thing wrong with it now is the timing I think..... I need to advance it a little I think............

Troy
Troy

70charginglizard

Birthday present for his 17th. ...lol
It'l fit in that.  ;D

HEMI CRATE MOTOR
5007630  528 HEMI
610 horsepower V8 crate motor 14,995.00
mopar performance has developed a king kong size 528 hemi crate motor which cranks out a whopping 610 horsepower and 650 ft.-lbs. of torque! Features include: Heavy-duty siamesed bore cast iron block with cross-bolted mains. Aluminum heads,stainless steel 2.25" intake valves and 1.94" exhaust valves. Heavy-duty single valve springs. premium material valve stem seals. A 292 degree- .524"/ .543" lift hydraulic cam. forged 10.25:1 compression ratio pistons- 4.500" bore. Aluminum dual plane M1 4 bbl intake manifold. Forged steel crankshaft-4.15" stroke. Precision double roller timing chain and sprockets. Spark plugs,wires,and breathers included. Heavy-duty engine stand and shipping crate included. the 610 horsepower Hemi comes with mopar performance parts cast aluminum valve covers and chrome front cover,as well as mopar's precise high performance electronic distributor. the motor comes with a basic 6 quart rear sump oil pan (1970-71 B/E-body style) mopar performance parts recommends that for maximum performance,a 850/900 cfm holley carburetor and 2 1/4" headers be used. ( NOT INCLUDED) 
70charginglizard