News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1973 Headlight circumferental trim popped out!

Started by Dans 68, August 23, 2005, 11:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dans 68

:icon_smile_shock: Took the ride out today for a spin, and noticed later in the day that the circular plastic trim surrounding one of the headlights had "popped" out of its channel. It was news to me on how it fits! Anyone out there in Chargerland care to comment? Any easy fix? The material seems stretchy, but I'd rather not pull on it took much. Thanks.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

73rallye440magnum

that sucks, maybe you could just take your grill out and take it apart, fix that part and put it back in, isnt too big of a deal.
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

Nacho-RT74

OK, originally was a rubber piece what with heat, water, dust, time gets hardened and shrinked... is same than the bumper fillers.

Only way I think could be a solution heat it with a torch WITH CARE and stretch it... of course would need to be painted.

Anyway I had same problem and just went for a better used ones, but still have the old ones to get them better in a future doing hat I said.

Anyway, try to fit it NOW because in time there is a not return point ( my own experience )... maybe is still with enough diameter to fit... out of its place for long time looses the shape and diameter.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

#s Matching

Like Nacho said, it seems to have taken a lot of heat and deformed.   It can likely be repaired but it will require a fair bit of work.   Also, if that one socket has gone bad, how long before the adjacent one goes.  I hate to say that it looks like it is starting to sag as well.   Then you have to concider how it will look once you have repaired one side or part of the grill and not the other.

I would suggest looking for a good used replacement.   I believe 73 and 74 grilles are the same and your SE strip should just bolt in.
#s Matching - 74 Charger SE, 74 Charger Rallye, 69 Charger R/T

Dans 68

Thanks, 73, Natcho and #'s, but of course I will be away for the next week and a half. Wonderful. I will give it a go when I get back. And I guess I will keep a lookout for better pieces.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259