News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Asking for help on 5 items

Started by Silver Charger, August 27, 2006, 09:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Charger

The restoration project is nearing and end for my '68 R/T, need help from the forum on these 5 items:
1.  the butterfly windows have 3 points where they attach.  Is there any special bolt that is to be used at these 3 points?

2.  Need a gasket for my new Heater contro Valve.....any idea where to get one?

3.  Need any pics that are out there of the front end of a '68 being re-assembled.

4.  Rear Quarter tail light extensions......what material is best to make the gasket that goes with them?

5.  regarding the gas tank....where does the overflow /  breather tube attach to the tank, if at all....

Our goal is to have the car ready for the Houston Auto Rama in November, thanks for any and all help

Scott Baker
Silver Charger
1968 Charger R/T 440

moparjohn

Heater control valve gasket is a year one item, just got 1 last week.
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

Chatt69chgr

Heater Control Valve Gasket--------available from NAPA as their part number 6601000.  Cost is $9.99.  You only get the gasket.  Nobody makes the rubber piece that fits on the plunger inside the brass tube (that actually blocks the water flow).  But that piece will usually work even if it's not perfect.  Failure of the gasket that you get from NAPA causes antifreeze to escape down the inside of the firewall and onto your nice new carpet.  So it's good they still have those.