News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

front wheel aligment values

Started by greenrt_se, August 11, 2005, 02:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenrt_se

Tires are 205/70R15  need wheel aligment values(I don ´t think values in original repair book are for radial tires)

Plumcrazy

The original alignment specs are fine.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Chryco Psycho

if you have power steering I max the castor to get some steering feel , camber can be at factory spec or tilt the top in a little to get better cornering & add 1/16 more toe for the wider tires

phat69charger

I copied this from the old board for reference:

Caster-
manual steering 0*to -1* (-1/2* preferred)
power steering +1/4* to +1 1/4* (+3/4* preferred)

Camber-
left +1/4* to +3/4* (+1/2* preferred)
right 0* to +1/2* (+1/4* preferred)

Toe-in 3/32" to 5/32" (1/8" preferred)

DKN1997
When I finally got my charger aligned at a good shop, they adjusted it for more positive caster (i think) he told me that manual steering cars like mine came with negative for easier low speed maneuvering. I don't know for sure if that's true, but made sense since the car has never tracked better.

greenrt_se

I get thes from Firm Feel 

For good street handling, shoot for 3-3.5 degrees positive caster, and about .5 deg. negative camber. Toe should be next to 0, maybe slightly toed in (1/16" - 1/8").  It may be hard to get that much pos. caster with the stock upper control arms

Ghoste

You can get special offset bushings to let you get more positive caster.