News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

72 dart brakes fit my 68 charger

Started by cold85, August 22, 2005, 02:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cold85

looking at the spindels on my 72 dart look the same on my charger can i take the disc on the front of the dart and put them on my charger the disc on the dart are the big lug pattern?

John_Kunkel

The pre-'73 A body has a smaller upper ball joint, the spindles won't fit a B body. '72 A body discs will have the small lug pattern.

The '73-'76 A body has the same size upper ball joint as the B body so the '73-'76 will fit the B body perfectly and the discs have the big lug pattern.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

cudaken

My 68 Runner has a Aspon dis brake set up on it and works fine. Was a aspen a A-body? It was done around 1988.

Cuda Ken
I am back

RD

Quote from: John_Kunkel on August 23, 2005, 03:14:14 PM
The pre-'73 A body has a smaller upper ball joint, the spindles won't fit a B body. '72 A body discs will have the small lug pattern.

The '73-'76 A body has the same size upper ball joint as the B body so the '73-'76 will fit the B body perfectly and the discs have the big lug pattern.

the a body and b body spindles are actually different in height and weight.  the b body spindle is about 9/16" taller and ways 2 lbs less.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Badbob

bull

Quote from: RD on August 25, 2005, 11:17:54 AM
Quote from: John_Kunkel on August 23, 2005, 03:14:14 PM

the a body and b body spindles are actually different in height and weight.   the b body spindle is about 9/16" taller and ways 2 lbs less.

There may be a difference in weight but not height. Are you thinking of the '73-up B, R, F, J and M body cars? The A-body '73-'76 spindles measure the same as our B-body drum spindles.

RD

yes sorry, thinking of 73 and up spindles :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

AKcharger

So a '79 Aspen will fit a '70 AND have the big bolt pattern right?

AK

bull

Quote from: AKcharger on October 01, 2005, 09:12:20 PM
So a '79 Aspen will fit a '70 AND have the big bolt pattern right?

AK

Yes and no. It will fit and the bolt battern is the same but the spindle height is different. You have to decide if you're ok with that. Some people say the difference is detrimental, some say it's beneficial. I have a hard time believing it's going to hurt anything but I decided to not take a chance, so I went with the Dart spindles.