News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ANY BOBBY ISSAC CLONES OUT THERE ? [ # 71]

Started by daytonalo, September 03, 2006, 02:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

Has anyone ever made an authentic hemi  bobby issac clone ? If so any pix . My hemi daytona will be done this winter and the more I view those pix of the # 71 , the more I want to build one . After building my stock daytona , a race car looks much easier , no headlight doors and no interior .                                                                                                      Larry

69_500

Does that mean that you want to build a second Daytona? Or are you just wanting to make the one your completing into a #71 clone?

My 2 favorite paint schemes on the old race Daytona's were the #22 and the #71. If I ever built a clone of a Daytona though I've been thinking that I'd make it a #9 and paint it like the newer nascar cars in a Kasey Kahne scheme. Just my thoughts.

daytonalo

No, looking for a 70 charger right now to build a #71 clone when I finish this one up . After viewing many photos It looks like it would be a fun project , not having to adhere to a nut and bolt restoration .

Ghoste

Looking for a 70 to build a 71 clone  :o. :icon_smile_big:

I read the thread and still had to read that sentence twice for it to hit home.  I get it now.

daytonalo

kasey kahne can lick my balls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I FUCKING HATE NASCAR , WHERES THE TRAILER PARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ghoste

Whoa, don't hold back, how do you really feel?
I'll guess that with a username of Daytonalo and posting in the wing car forum you don't feel that strongly about all NASCAR?

Howie

daytonalo

I tottally agree ! Love to see one of current day drivers go 200 like buddy baker did in a old car !

Ghoste

I was just busting your chops a little. :icon_smile_wink:  I feel the same way.

69_500

Nascar to me is still interesting to watch. However they do whine a lot. And I wish they would run the races at Daytona and Talladega without restrictor plates. Its racing, its not supposed to be slowed down. If you aren't willing to drive 245mph on Talladega don't race  there. That is my opinion.

Side note though I happen to like Kahne.

hotrod98

I haven't watched one single stock car race since they outlawed the wing cars. Switched to drag racing and never regretted it.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Lightning

watch the local short track races, they're better. less whiny people there.
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

daytonalo

My point is that NASCAR crap is a religion for some people , get out of the double wide and get a life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last week on E-BAY I saw a Dale earnharts underwear on there , you know the one's with the skid mark's in them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

69_500

I agree some people take it too far. Then again some people think that we take the Mopar hobby too far too. To me its normal to be obsessed with these old aero cars. Its how I  grew up.

Now I also grew up watching NASCAR and the King driving. He has long since retired, and so now I root for Kahne. Then again I'm not a huge Kahne fan  though, just a fan of racing in general and of his. Wouldn't go as far as to want to purchase his used underwear though, that is a step too far.

daytonalo

69_500

I figured as much, was just carrying on the conversation.

There are those people out there though that are that die hard on nascar and such. I mean there was someone who was willing to pay $1Million for Adolf Hitler's desk at an auction.

Aero426

Quote from: daytonalo on September 03, 2006, 02:15:29 AM
Has anyone ever made an authentic hemi  bobby issac clone ? If so any pix . My hemi daytona will be done this winter and the more I view those pix of the # 71 , the more I want to build one . After building my stock daytona , a race car looks much easier , no headlight doors and no interior .                                                                                                      Larry

There is a very nice street replica of the #71 Daytona out there already.  One that has not been done is the #6 Baker Cotton Owens Daytona.  That would be a good choice. 

Howie

Any pictures of the Cotton Owens car out there?

daytonalo

Does anyone have a picture of the 71 clone out there !

Aero426

daytonalo

Thanks guys , owesome car . After I paint my car this winter I will start on my #71 clone !  I plan on making spot on to origanal , modified front fenders , front subframe and will run goodyear racing slicks on the street !

THE CHARGER PUNK

will it have a gutted interior w/ full roll cage, and also will it has the bathtub intake atop the mighty hemi?

daytonalo

All the above , I have always wanted an authentic # 71 car , not just a pretty much stock daytona with decals .