News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ANY BOBBY ISSAC CLONES OUT THERE ? [ # 71]

Started by daytonalo, September 03, 2006, 02:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I don't know if it's actually available but Chrysler was offering the 71 K&K diecast through Mopar Performance.  Part number P5153500.

Aero426

Quote from: hemigeno on December 05, 2007, 10:48:35 PM
Does that last picture's tailstripe say

CHARGER

DAYTONA

:scope:

Don't know if I remember a paint scheme of his with that particular stripe lettering, or anyone else's for that matter.

Both those photos (Hyde and the model box) are from Talladega in '69.

hemigeno

Quote from: DougSchellinger on December 11, 2007, 01:24:31 PM
Both those photos (Hyde and the model box) are from Talladega in '69.

First ever race for the Daytona then - makes a little more sense then...  if they built and/or brought the car to the track never having seen a street Daytona or another race Daytona, they might have assumed it would say "Charger Daytona"??   :shruggy: 

It's interesting that the stripe never looked like that again though.

Johnny Daytona

Was watching TV, In The Day. And they featured the 72 Martinville race and Bobby Isacc was racing a 70 Charger. And kicking butt leading untill the engine blew.
70 daytona clone, still building it<br />53-392 hemi stude chop top starlight cp<br />66 corvette cp My daily driver

Ghoste

Cool, that footage could still be out there someplace.  There's a pic of him running a 70 in his biography running a short track.  Don't have the book in front of me at the moment but I think it may even be on dirt??