News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door edge trim stainless. Factory????

Started by lilwendal, September 04, 2006, 03:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilwendal

I've got 2 sets of doors that both have a very nice set of stainless edge gaurds on them.  They go across the back edge of the door to protect your door as you slam it open into the chevy parked next to you. Kidding of course. Both are made from the same company and I see no mopar emblems on them at all.  They are very difficult to remove from the door almost like they are crimped on. I was wondering if anyone knows if these where a dealer installed thing or just an aftermarket fad. They actually look kinda nice.

Steve P.

Are you sure they are STAINLESS?? I have never seen them in stainless myself. Most , (I believe), are chromed plastic and have a sticky strip inside them to hold them to the door...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

resq302

Yes, they were a factory option.  I have a pair of NOS ones in my basement.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Steve P.

Wow, I didn't know such a thing existed!!  Very cool...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

lilwendal

RESQ, Do your NOS pair carry a chrysler PN?  These were made by a company Adell from Detroit.  There even notched where they would bend for the body line.

lilwendal

Also does anyone know how these were installed.  Was it just a press on tight fit?  Thanks

resq302

I have to check my basement as it is in my bin for selling it as I decided not to put them on my car after I picked them up at a show.  It still has the blue and white Chrysler packaging.  It appears that they were just pushed on as they seem to have a groove to bite into the metal or paint to hold them on.  I should be at my parents tomorrow after I get home from work tomorrow morning so I will get you the part number then.

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto