News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where did some of you come up with your usernames?

Started by Ghoste, July 18, 2005, 02:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

How did some of you come up with your usernames?  Some are obvious, but some are obscure.
Mine comes from a silver 69 Charger that I used to own.  Someone had given the car the nickname "ghost" and it stuck.  When I went to get custom plates for the car, all I could get was "GHOSTE" with an "E".  Ghost and Ghost1 thru about 20 were all gone and I didn't want a number on there anyway so I just added the "E".
Now, 15 year later, it's the car I should have kept and I still have the plates so I just use that for an online identity.

andy74

mine came from license plates also,i used to drive a 74 camaro z 28,there was about 5 different guys around with cars that looked like mine,different colors but all 2nd gen chevs,so when i joined a car club,the guys started calling me andy 74,as there was an andy already there! so that was my plates,and although the car and plates are long gone,the name sticks!!!!!!!!

Old Moparz

I remember waking up in the middle of the night once with a pain in my head because my wife was hitting me there with part of a steering linkage screaming "I'm sick of hearing about all these old mopars" & thought she dragged out the last syllable too long because it sounded like a "Z". I've been spelling it that way ever since.

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Charger_Fan

Nice, Moparz! :D

Mine's probably obvious...I like Charger's.  8)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

NYCMille

I got my name "NYCMille" because I used to do a bit a roadracing and my race bike at the time I joined D-C.com was an Aprillia RSV Mille - that and the fact that I was born in lower Manhattan and grew up in or around NYC my whole life.

PlumBad70

My name is PlumBad70, I don't know why cause I'm painting my car sublime...I debated on what color to paint the 70, since most of you guys reconize PlumBad70, I didn't change it....I guess I could be called SlimeBad70 ;D
Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 4x4

Ghoste

Khyron

I would say "See Robotech conversation on D-C" but well, those threads are gone...

basicly it was my first online name I used in 1993, and have used it sence. He was a character in Robotech, Tall, skinny, and an a$$hole, just like me :D

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Drache

My girlfriend said that I looked and acted like a dragon when I woke up in the morning and since I'm German I decided Drache which is german for Dragon!  ::)
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bull

A high school knickname given to me for my ability to run people over on the football field.

Jon Smith

Mefirst

My nic *Mefirst* is a rip off from a band named "Mefirst and the Gimme Gimmes" I thought about Gimme or GimmeGimmes to, but that sounds just like a little kid, so I took the "Mefirst" instead. Ive used this nic for a long time...

/Tom

PocketThunder

PocketThunder.. well....... um....... the ladies all know where that comes from.....hehehe ;D   :o  :o

on a side note.  i just registered and i was member #68.  Damn!  one more and i would have been sixty nine baby!!!!

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Telvis

Most of you know I'm a retired cop. My buddies use to tell me I sound like Elvis on the radio. My first name is Tim. Telvis is a combination of the two. Unfortunately I don't have the hair. Slick as a cue ball! My wife likes it though. ;D

Drache

Quote from: Mefirst on July 18, 2005, 04:34:20 PM
My nic *Mefirst* is a rip off from a band named "Mefirst and the Gimme Gimmes" I thought about Gimme or GimmeGimmes to, but that sounds just like a little kid, so I took the "Mefirst" instead. Ive used this nic for a long time...

/Tom

I figured it was what you yelled when racing against mustangs in your Charger! "Me First Damnit!"
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

skyhawk61

skyhawk61 was my call sign back when I flew air search and rescue/crime scene aerial photography/air surveillance for our local sheriff's department back in the day.

wLc

In the depths of a mind insane
Fantasy and reality are the same

SLIKK 70

Slick  8) was my nickname in High School. I had to change the spelling for my License plates so I kept it the same as a Username. 70 is for my 1970 Charger 500.

Dans 68

Well, it is a long story...the short story is that it is what I own, and the long story that it is a word play using selective capitalization of the car model name, engine size and my first name; kinda clever if I do say so. ;) When, if ever, I get my '68 I suppose the name will change to 68RT44073SEDan400... but by that time it hopefully will be 68RT44073SEDan451.

73SEDan400
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

NHCharger

Uh, i live in New Hampshire and i own a Charger or two.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

tomonty

Mine is a reference from a line in the movie 'The Golden Child' with Eddie Murphy. The part where he is in the cave to get the knife and right before he drinks the water he toasts to Monty. One night my friends and I were having a get together and we had a toast and someone said To Monty! Somehow it caught on and we toast to monty every time we get together. Kinda lame, but everything is a lot cooler when your inebriated.

Mike
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

Blusmbl

Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

yellowcuda

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda
69 Charger 426 Hemi (Jonathan's)
69 Charger 540 Blown Hemi (Jonathan's)
68 Charger (was gonna be DC.com car. Now it will be renamed)

67RedCharger

Sorta comes with the territory I guess. Been puttin' up with the thing for 38 years.  One hell of a ride to enjoy.

~ 67RedCharger ~
Original Owner "Ole Red" 1967 Red Dodge Charger

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed