News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where did some of you come up with your usernames?

Started by Ghoste, July 18, 2005, 02:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlackDodge

It's big
It's black
It's a Dodge.

Creative aren't I? :P

BBD

Brock Samson

"Strato"
       from which stratus is obtained means "layer" or "layered." Clouds with this designator form in stable layers of air; except the stratocumulus type which forms in a thin, unstable layer of air.

"Charger"
a strong horse ridden into battle

also:   http://www.cooper.com/newsletters/2001_07/what_we_can_learn_from_the_stratocaster.htm

(very well written piece with lots of examples why Mopars General lee and Chargers specific lee are "Classics"!

also:   http://www.autobaron.com/ad_ctrl.php?car_id=14899036&website_id=19

(almost as nice and worth as much as my "Skunkenstein")

My thinking was a type of steed to fly high in... and to me a Charger is to Horses as a Stratocaster is to Guitars..

and as for my othernames.... more posts to follow...

xs29j8Bullitt

Mine is probably obvious to most, but...

xs29j8 - First part of the VIN for a 1968 Charger R/T optioned with a Hemi engine
Bullitt - My Charger is Triple Black... like the one in the movie "Bullitt"

On most forums I am just "xs29j8"

XS
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

kab69440

My initials, and I have a 69 Charger, well mostly 69... ummm.. it still has some 69 parts...  ok,ok, it left the factory as a 69, and it has a 440 for "motor-vation"
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

69hemi

http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

Daytona R/T SE

I'm building a Daytona clone out of my 69 R/T SE  ;D

XP29F61

Mine is real obvious. I have a 66 361 Charger. It was either that.... or Diana (her name). Which would you chose?
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil.  For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."
At the entrance to the old SR-71 operating base in Kadena, Japan

"If you see a bomb technician running, follow him."
USAF Ammo Troop

http://66-67charger.com

Johnny SixPack

Came up with formula_440 as a band name back when the band I was in was looking to change it's name.

Kept it floating around in the ol' brain, and then I started my hunt for a Charger back in "02, found D-C.com and needed a screen name.

Since I wanted a 440 powered Charger, I figured, hey... maybe I need a formula for going about it.

So, I remembered formula_440 from way back, and it was what I went with.

Johnny

p.s. It's also a class of race car.   ;D
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

4cruzin

Mine came from a hot rod magazine in the 1980's when custom plates were the new wave.   I saw one from Texas that said 4cruzin and it stuck with me.   Now I have that on my plate on one car along with 4showin on the other!  
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Wakko

Wakko from the Animaniacs and various endings "SS" for my SS Monte Carlo, then "GN" for my Grand National, now I just dropped it all off out of simplicity.   
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

ph23vo

its the vin designation to the [3] 440-6 cars i own
PH23VOD105485  Y28  YEL/BLK
PH23VOF143370   Y14   BLK/BLK
PH23VOF144031          BLK/ORANGE

dan

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

FastbackJon

Mine is pretty simple.

My first name is "Fastback" and I like a car called a "Jon".

So put them together and viola!
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

694spdRT

Mine is fairly obvious.  I had thought about changing it to give justice to my '68 but, I did not need to confuse myself anymore than necessary.  ;D
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Big Lebowski

The movie The Big Lebowski, hands down the funniest movie ever made. Right up there with Caddyshack, Blazing Sattles, Blues Bros, Slapshot, etc.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Charger_Croatia

My car (73w400) is the first Charger here in Croatia, so I guess my username is obvious.
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

ChargerRob

ChargerRob, I figured my Charger is more important that I am so it goes first.
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

4402tuff4u

A few years ago when I started the search to purchase a Charger my kids gave me a replica collectable model car of a Charger R/T for my birthday - they said if they had the money they would of gotten me the real car. Anyway, this model of the Charger R/T had a license plate that read "2tuff4u", So I added the 440 because that's what R/T's came with so that's "4402tuff4u"
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

69DodgeCharger

Thought it up on the spot when we had to reregister at Moparts. Plus I have a 69 that I hope to complete before I die.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

RD

RD = Race Dodge = the cars that I race (except i am building a duster for drag now, hmmmm  RP = Race Plymouths or RM = Race Mopars, who knows, i may have to change it in the near future).

it is also a claim for all those brand x'ers to race the best instead of what they think they have.  :icon_smile_approve:

it can also be a command, but it would be just preachign to the choir in a dodge charger forum, we are going to race dodge's anyways!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

IBsmokin

Well my name IBsmokin, well I use to own a seed company selling seeds named IBS seeds, IBsmokin seeds, IB comes from the community I live in Indian Brook, and of course it sounds like I be smoking, I dont smoke it but I made alot of money off of the seeds, and since it is legal to buy and sell seeds in Canada, why not.  Then I found this site, and I thought I would keep the name IBsmokin, for laying burn outs and smoking my tires, since most of my cars in past laid some nice rubber and left the street in a cloud of smokin, so hence IBsmokin!!

Ghoste

Is it legal to sell the seeds everywhere in Canada or is that a BC thing?

yellowcuda

Quote from: ChargerRob on July 19, 2005, 07:12:17 AM
ChargerRob, I figured my Charger is more important that I am so it goes first.

If your name was Rob Charger, people might be afraid that is what you do. :icon_smile_big:

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda
69 Charger 426 Hemi (Jonathan's)
69 Charger 540 Blown Hemi (Jonathan's)
68 Charger (was gonna be DC.com car. Now it will be renamed)

Spike

My friends have called me Spike for over 20 years, they name just stuck.
You may have seen me at DC as Only DODGE in  my garage and at Moparts as Quick B.

Lowprofile

I got my name from a" Past Situation" :rotz:

When your in the Witness Protection Program, its the ONLY thing you keep!
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL