News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

If you like old Dodge big trucks... Hey Todd!

Started by TruckDriver, September 10, 2006, 01:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

I found this small but neat web site tonight. Thought you might wanna see it.

http://www.dodge-semis.com/

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Blusmbl

I saw this beast when I was out west on a work trip over Labor Day.  I LOVE the old Dodge trucks.

My uncle has a flatbed, single rear axle, 318/4spd sorta similar to the above.
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

Todd Wilson

Thats a good site. The guy really started something and then it kinda went stale. I dont think he has done much with it for a while.

That big old all wheel Drive C cab  is an old miilitary fueling truck for the air force. Notice the muffler and exhaust is below the front bumper.  Theres still a few of those trucks out there working and they bring some good money when they get sold.

Todd

TruckDriver

Did you see this site yet Todd? He has it in his links section. The Bighorn Registry

http://www.olddodges.com/
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Charger_Fan

Check out this guy's truck, he's a newbie on the '70 site. :thumbs:

<---click

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Todd Wilson

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 26, 2006, 10:46:58 AM
Check out this guy's truck, he's a newbie on the '70 site. :thumbs:

<---click

I almost bought an old 6x6 years ago. I'd still like to have one! HEHE!

Todd

bordin34

There are 3 of those old army trucks within 100 yards of my house. The owners uses them to haul dirt and stuff.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

TruckDriver

I love those too. I'd love to have one with a muli-fuel diesel. City I grew up in had 3 dumps, and boy, would they smoke ^-^
PETE

Ruppster

First off I would like to say Hi. I am the person that took the picture at the top of this thread and owns dodge-semis.com.

Quote from: Todd Wilson on September 11, 2006, 12:01:05 AM
Thats a good site. The guy really started something and then it kinda went stale. I dont think he has done much with it for a while.

Yes Todd, you are right. I have not done much with it lately. The only things I have done to it in the last 6 months was to add a couple more brochures and a bunch of pictures from the east coast ATHS event that was held in Baltimore last summer (that is where the picture above came from). Lately I have been pretty busy with my other hobbies. I take care of a couple of web pages for some military vehicle clubs I am with. One is at www.vmpa.us (I've got about 100 photos to add to it in the next week) and the other one is for a local Alaskan club that I am in the process of rebuilding. Plus I have had to up and move again for the 8th time in 19 years. The Air Force just transfered us back to Alaska from Virginia. We got up here in December of '06 and didn't get our stuff till the middle of January. Still getting stuff unboxed.

Anyhow, when I am done with updates to the military vehicle club web sites I will be adding some more stuff to my dodge-semis.com web site. I got permission from a Mopar mag to post a copy of an article it did about a C500 several years ago. That will probably be the first thing I add to it.

So the site is not dead yet, it just has a slow heart beat.  ;D

Ruppster

TruckDriver

Welcome to the site :yesnod: One of these days I wanna own a CNT800 or simular.
PETE

hemigeno

Quote from: Ruppster on March 07, 2007, 05:34:03 PM
I got permission from a Mopar mag to post a copy of an article it did about a C500 several years ago. That will probably be the first thing I add to it.

That wouldn't happen to be an article in MoparCollectorsGuide about a 1960 C500 would it? 

:D

BTW, neat site - I hope you don't mind, but I downloaded the 1961 medium duty truck brochure.  I'd love to find a 1960 brochure sometime, but I don't know how many of those things might still exist.  Great info, and I look forward to seeing what else you're able to add to it over time.

Geno

jackel440

Ruppster,

glad to see you again!
Hey guys thats my 64' 400 series farm truck in the gallery page! :icon_smile_big:
I almost forgot about sending the pics of it to ruppster to post of it ;D

Mean 318

this truck has been here for about 15+ years. Someone want to go save it? The town is all but gone now!m Sorry about the size

TruckDriver

PETE

skip68

Very cool!  :yesnod: I want one!!!!!! :bow: " I'd make it puuurrrrrrty! :-*"!!!!!!! (Maybe yellow?!?)

Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

GTX

I have a friend up in Idaho who has several of the old Power Wagons including a 6x6 that he likes to take to Moab.

Very cool trucks!

TruckDriver

Quote from: skip68 on March 08, 2007, 12:01:19 AM
Very cool!  :yesnod: I want one!!!!!! :bow: " I'd make it puuurrrrrrty! :-*"!!!!!!! (Maybe yellow?!?)

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

A yellow Army truck?!?!?!  :puke:

They only look good in green... Well, I seen a few orange ones that look okay.
PETE

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on March 08, 2007, 11:41:14 AM

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

There's a couple white 6x6's around here that are used for hauling foundation forms for building houses. They're workhorses!  :thumbs:

Welcome aboard, Ruppster. :wave:
BTW, is that screen name from an old snowmobile? :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ruppster

Quote from: hemigeno on March 07, 2007, 07:37:23 PM

That wouldn't happen to be an article in MoparCollectorsGuide about a 1960 C500 would it? 

:D

BTW, neat site - I hope you don't mind, but I downloaded the 1961 medium duty truck brochure.  I'd love to find a 1960 brochure sometime, but I don't know how many of those things might still exist.  Great info, and I look forward to seeing what else you're able to add to it over time.

Geno

No, I'm afraid not. It was from Mopar Action several years ago. And I was wrong, it wasn't a C500. It's a 1973 C600 that is sitting on axles from a W300 (pictured below). The magazine was an April issue so I don't know how much of the article is to be believed.  ;D

As far as the brochure I don't mind at all if it is for personal use. That is what I created the web page for. I try to scan the brochures at a resolution that will make all the small print readable. I have seen other sites with brochures on it but the print was not legible in the option charts. I tried not to repeat their mistakes. I have at least 10 more brochures that need to be scanned but I have not found them yet. I still have a bunch of stuff in boxes from our latest military move. As soon as I can find some brochures to scan I will add them but that might be a month or two.

I was going to wait till I was done with several updates to www.vmpa.us before working on my dodge-semis domain but the more I think about the magazine article the more I want to hurry up and add it. So as soon as I finish the mods to the current page I am working on I will get to work on adding the magazine article. Should have it added in the next day or two. It will be at http://www.dodge-semis.com/PG/1973_C600/.

A while back a friend of mine (Magnumguy to be exact) sent me the link to your Yahoo photo album (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hemigeno/my_photos). That is one heck of a truck you have. Some excellent work there. I would take that truck over a hemi Cuda any day. :icon_smile_big: If it is okay with you I would like to add a link to it on my web site.

Ruppster

Ruppster

Quote from: jackel440 on March 07, 2007, 09:15:32 PM
Ruppster,

glad to see you again!
Hey guys thats my 64' 400 series farm truck in the gallery page! :icon_smile_big:
I almost forgot about sending the pics of it to ruppster to post of it ;D

Yeah, I still have your pictures on my site. ;D Have you done any work to it like you were talking about? If you have anything you want me to update about it let me know.

Ruppster

TruckDriver

That pickup was recently in someone elses post here. I got 3 pictures if it from that post.
PETE

hemigeno

It's fine by me if you want to include a link to the album, or just upload the photos - doesn't make me any difference at all.

The C600 truck you posted a picture of... the owner contacted me here a few months back and sent me pictures of it.  Quite a rig in its own right.  I can give you his email if you'd like, so that you can contact him for additional photos.

There are definitely some awesome trucks out there!

Ruppster

Quote from: Mean 318 on March 07, 2007, 09:34:31 PM
this truck has been here for about 15+ years. Someone want to go save it? The town is all but gone now!m Sorry about the size

That is a dump truck version of the early 50's GMC 2 1/2 ton M211 6x6 cargo truck. It has a 302 CI straight six gas engine and a 4 speed Allison auto tranny. It was an update to the WWII GMC CCKW deuce and a half. It was GM's bid for the military contract that the Studabaker M35 ended up winning.

Ruppster

hemigeno

Ruppster

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on March 08, 2007, 11:41:14 AM

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

They had yellow trucks too. Mostly used as flightline vehicles. On my web site I have some pics of an ex-Air Force tanker chassis that is still yellow behind the cab. It was repainted OD green when the tank was still up against the back of the cab so not all of the cab was able to be repainted the new color. Below is a picture of a club members Willys pickup that was used by the Army up here in Alaska.

Ruppster