News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Availability of repo cast alum daytona wing

Started by nascarxx29, September 11, 2006, 06:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

i luv that picture.  they all look drunk to me.   :yesnod:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Aero426

Quote from: BigBlockSam on September 18, 2006, 07:24:40 PM
I luv that picture.  they all look drunk to me.   :yesnod:

What an inane thing to say.   So much for your "I won't be insulted,  and I don't do these kind of things to others, blah, blah" sig line.   I'm sorry I shared that photo.   

BigBlockSam

QuoteWhat an inane thing to say.   So much for your "I won't be insulted,  and I don't do these kind of things to others, blah, blah" sig line.   I'm sorry I shared that photo   

i don't find being drunk an insult and i have that photo already , it was a joke, don't you know a joke when you hear one . . then you try to attack my sig line and me . you don't know me . my sig. line is true. anyone that knows me we agree. i am a man of honer, . so don't get you panties in a bunch and lighten  up and Doug you've gone out of your way to insult me. please don't do it again.  Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

hotrod98

I'll vouch for Rene. I think he was just making a harmless joke. That's the problem with the internet, it's difficult to know the emotion behind the statements. Rene loaned me a set of original wing braces to copy last year and didn't know me at all. He trusted a total stranger based on our conversations on this board. Thanks to him, several guys were able to buy wing braces much cheaper than they would have otherwise. hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

thanks Hotrod
i was asked to edit my post so i did. out of respect for the man that asked me to. Doug, we bust balls here alot it makes us laugh don't take things to heart. Rene

daytonalo

No one on here is on here to put other people down  , we just like to mix up once and a while ! Ill send you tissues !

hotrod98

Hey! Maybe us cloners just have a better sense of humor. And, we don't loose any sleep at night worrying about whether anyone's out in the garage touching our cars. ;D

Charles Addams

Aero426

Quote from: daytonalo on September 19, 2006, 08:54:52 PM
No one on here is on here to put other people down  , we just like to mix up once and a while ! Ill send you tissues !
I don't need tissues, or expect apologies.   The guys (and gal) sitting on those wings were "the wing car hobby" in the early days.   Some of them are still alive and involved in the hobby.   I felt the remarks made were flippant reactions, and not personal,  but I saw them as disrespectful since I knew those folks, and oh yeah,  one of them was my father.

I will tell you that my old man did a lot of good things for people when he was alive, whether it was cheap NOS parts, unbiased advice, or offering up some dough so a fellow wouldn't have to sell his wing car in a money pinch.    If it wasn't for my dad,  I wouldn't have a couple of wing cars in my garage. Call me lucky if you want.   My dad was one cool dude.  

It's easy to say things online that you wouldn't dream of saying face to face in person.  I've done it myself.  Every so often, you need to step back and read what you type before you hit the "post" key.    Here's the deal.  Whatever the reason, however innocent or non-personal you may think your words are, people who are offended on message boards don't stick around.  They simply stop contributing and go somewhere else.   

Back to the topic at hand...

hotrod98

Quote from: DougSchellinger on September 20, 2006, 03:24:55 PM
Quote from: daytonalo on September 19, 2006, 08:54:52 PM
I don't need tissues, or expect apologies.  The guys (and gal) sitting on those wings were "the wing car hobby" in the early days. Some of them are still alive and involved in the hobby. I felt the remarks made were flippant reactions, and not personal, but I saw them as disrespectful since I knew those folks, and oh yeah, one of them was my father.

I will tell you that my old man did a lot of good things for people when he was alive, whether it was cheap NOS parts, unbiased advice, or offering up some dough so a fellow wouldn't have to sell his wing car in a money pinch.    If it wasn't for my dad,  I wouldn't have a couple of wing cars in my garage. Call me lucky if you want.   My dad was one cool dude. 

It's easy to say things online that you wouldn't dream of saying face to face in person.  I've done it myself.  Every so often, you need to step back and read what you type before you hit the "post" key.    Here's the deal.  Whatever the reason, however innocent or non-personal you may think your words are, people who are offended on message boards don't stick around.  They simply stop contributing and go somewhere else.   

Back to the topic at hand...

Doug,
There are all kinds of people on this forum. That's one of the things that I like about it. I've been on some of the other forums where most of the people there owned an original wing car. Can you say booooooring. I personally don't give a ratsass about how many daytonas were built with hemis. 4-speeds, vinyl tops, insert option here, etc. I don't care what day they started building them, who built them or how many were built. I like the looks of them and love hearing stories about them...period.
If you own one, lucky you, (I mean that sincerely) but I wouldn't trade all of my mopars to own just one car, even a hemi daytona. And according to my latest appraisal of my cars, that's about what it would take right now. I love getting a different car out everytime I get ready to go cruising. If I owned a real daytona, I would probably drive it for a year until all of my friends and local car show people have seen it and I would then sell it and go out and buy 12 Mopars or 40 Pontiac Trans Ams (no offense, I own a few of them myself).  What I'm saying is if you're looking for enlightenment here, you might be a little disappointed. If you're looking for open dialogue, witless banter, deep discussion and even a little Charger entertainment, kick back and enjoy the ride. We kind of like it here. Doug, I hope you stick around. We need knowledgable daytona people around.
Larry hotrod98

Charles Addams

Howie

:cheers:I`ll drink a pint of guinness to that Hotrod. I don`t think anyone is puttin anyone down. I love the old musclecars and also that dry sence of humor.  If we were all the same we would be boooooorrrrring!