News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hey there, a new 69 charger owner

Started by heino, September 10, 2006, 07:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heino

I was womdering what cars have interchangeable parts with the 69 charger, excuse my ignorance but I am new to the dodge scene. My son bought the charger for $3000 canadian. The body is solid but we need interior. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ghoste

If you need everything for the interior, some things are easy and others not so much.  Seat frames will be the same through most 68 or 69 B-bodies and then you can recover them with the correct material from a repro house.  Door panels are being repoduced as are armrests, door handles and window cranks.  Upper door pads aren't repopped.  The instrument panel can be found in 68 and 69 Chargers, Super Bees, and some Coronet RT's.  The 70 Charger and Road Runner have similar dashes.  Note that I said similar.  They are not exactly the same from year to year and the differences are enough that you should strive for the correct 69 one.  Headliners are remade as ar package trays.  Interior trim is not remade and some can be used from other B-bodies of this era and some is Charger specific.
How much is missing?

heino

pretty much every thing, it does have the tictoctach, I think it is called that but looks like it was left out in the wet weather. I have a line on a rear seat, but will need the front and the dash is all missing as is the glove box and heater apparatus, i am hoping to find a cheap car with interior so we can transfer it over. Don't care about the body or drive train as we are going big block and 4spd. Already have 8&3/4 rear end. If anyone can would be very thankful

Ghoste

Heater interchanges with other B-bodies from about 66 through 70 I think.  Could be some differences but I think they all fit?

dkn1997

maybe find a really ratty parts car with a complete interior so you have something to start with?  I know, I know, in this day and age, a ratty parts car costs 6k!!!!
RECHRGED

Just 6T9 CHGR

Welcome to the site :wave:

PS----- register the car :thumbs:

www.1969chargerregistry.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

41husk

yep welcome aboard, you will find a wealth of information on this site.  Good luck with your car!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up