News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Factory Trunk lid hinge with Mini-tubs

Started by Rajasthan77, November 09, 2013, 05:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rajasthan77

Hello Everyone,

I was hoping someone might have pictures of how they set up their hinges for a factory trunk lid on a 68-70 Charger with Mini-tubs? (if possible) My problem is even if I weld the hinge brace/bracket to the new tubs, the curved part of the hinge itself hits the tub.  I really don't want to put on a fiberglass pin on trunk lid, but will do so if no other option. So any information will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you all for your time!

Rajasthan77

Nothing Guys?  :shruggy:  Not one person with this problem?  I guess I got to go fiberglass then  :rotz:. Thank you to all for at least reading.

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

JB400

You might have to check the other b body forums out there.  I'm sure someone has done this mod.

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Dino

Get yourself a spare set of trunk hinges and modify them to clear the tubs.  That's the way it is done.  Of course you can do it with the stock ones, but you won't have anything left if you make a mistake.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Orange Bird

PM me, I did a set of mini tubs on an A Body and had the same problem. I only dimpled them with a plastic faced air hammer and they looked great. As I remember you only needed about an inch detent to clear.
Monster Garage Montra - If you can't hear it before you see it, what's the point?

Leave the little people alone!

68 charger freak

Quote from: twodko on November 19, 2013, 10:50:29 PM
I've never seen this mod. Sorry.

here's some pics of the mini tubs i did on my 68 , and had no clearance issues at all  :shruggy:
68 charger, pro touring build ,mini tub,528 wedge,magnum-xl 6 speed,rms alterkation,martz 4 link,moser 8.75,custom interior

Rajasthan77

Thank you All for your help!! As usualy this forum is the reason I'm getting anywhere on my project!   :2thumbs:    The pics and suggestions really came in handy. I'll push some pics up once I decide which way to go and complete it!

You guys Raawwwkk!!!  :coolgleamA: