News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

5.7 hemi mag lifter noise

Started by oldsnofear, September 16, 2006, 01:23:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldsnofear

Hey guys, I just bought a 2003 ram 3/4 ton truck with a hemi 5.7 it sounds like a lifter tic in the engine it only has 42,000 miles on it anyone else had this problem ? I bought it to tow my 1969 charger se thanks shawn

dads_69

They had a lowend noise as well. Some trucks had the lowerend replaced as well an entire motor. I know of at least 9 trucks that had less than 10,000 miles on them that needed either motors or bottom end repair. We had won that needed an entire motor, my truck actually. Had it for 3,300 miles before it was traded in after repair for the 7th time. Long story why 7 times within 4 months. Hope this helps you out some.
My guess is, typical Hemi, always needing some type of repair, ofcourse that might just be me speaking aloud of jealousy now, haha. Truck was  an '03 also 4x4 Quad Cab 1/2 ton as well were the others I knew of back then.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.