News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Spot Weld Cutters

Started by DC_1, August 25, 2005, 08:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC_1

When taking out the old trunk pan did anyone use those spot weld cutters I see advertised? Are they needed and if so does anyone know where to get them in Canada?

Or can they just be drilled out?

Thanks

69hemi

I bought a set of Blue Point cutters from Snap-On and they have drilled out thousands of spotwelds.  Just start with a 1/8" hole then keep a little cutting oil handy to dip the cutter in and go to town.  The set has 4-different sizes and it works great.  Ask somebody who works where the Snap-On truck stops by to order you a set.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

DC_1

will do.........I guess you wouldn't recommend a set off FleBay then.

I know....Iknow....you get what you pay for! But I can't see myself having to go through floor replacement again

thanks

69hemi

Even if you only use them once you will be glad you bought the good ones.  Nothing is worse than a dull drill bit or cutter.  I think they only run $65 a set or something like that.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

cudaken

If you find a good auto parts store that sell paint more than likely they be able to help you for around $30.00 US. Helps alot. I have the type that look's like a hole saw for wood. I used two drill's, ome for the polit hole then one that cut's the weld.

Cuda Ken
I am back

mopar_madman

I think the ones cuda ken refers to are made by Blair, I;ve used the blue points and the Blair and like the Blair best. Eastwood sells spotweld cutters or try autobodystore.com
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

Drop Top

I with Ken and madman on this one also. Like Kin mentioned. Any good paint supllie store should have them on the shelf. When they get dull they are easily changed out and the bits come in differant sizes also. Just like the Blue Point ones.

palindromes

Just don't buy the one harbor freight sells (hole-saw type).  I bought one & found the little cutter blades kept breaking off after every 3rd use or so.  It came with extras, but by the time I finished getting my rear valance off, I'd gone through all of them.

I'd assume a non-'made-in-china' would work a lot better.