News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fiberglass reproduction parts

Started by Bluebeast, July 21, 2005, 07:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluebeast

I was wondering why someone hasn't made a fiberglass replacement panel for that section immediately behind the back window? You know, where the rust always seems to build up. Someone once told me it was because the fiberglass piece could not hold the weight of the trunk lid and its hinges. That didn't sound right to me. Anyway, it seems like someone could make a small fortunate replicating those pieces. Any ideas?
1970 Dodge Charger 500 SE 4speed

Plumcrazy

That panel is available in steel. :yesnod:

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Brock Samson

...'n it's called the "Dutchman"...

Silver R/T

ya it would have to be under stress. I would like to see trunk lid in fiberglass though
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

Anyone know why it's called the Dutchman?

Vainglory, Esq.

No idea.  It doesn't look like me at all...

But it's also called the "decklid filler panel"

Telvis

I had to replace it on my car. It seems like the replacement panel was a bid thicker steel than the original. I think the big thing will be to not allow water to pool. Also paint the underside with POR 15. I don't think the underside was painted at the factory. From what I have read that contributed to the early demise of that body part in a lot of cases.

my73charger

I am waiting for someone to make a fiberglass power bulge hood.

FastbackJon

I'm waiting for someone to make fiberglass candy unicorns.

:METAL:
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722