News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Disc Brake Spindle ?

Started by pb24, August 25, 2006, 05:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pb24

I'm going to convert my drum brakes to disc brakes on my 68 charger. I bought two spindles that the person told me they were off a 78 ASPEN and would work on my conversion. The part numbers are pretty worn but it looks like one of them is  3402639. Can anybody tell me if the part number matches a 78 aspen. Also are they still a 5 x 4 1/2 bolt pattern for the wheels Thanks.

Chryco Psycho

can`t help with the part # but the bolt pattern was still 5 on 4.5" circle on the Aspen

John_Kunkel

Quote from: pb24 on August 25, 2006, 05:57:37 PM
The part numbers are pretty worn but it looks like one of them is  3402639. Can anybody tell me if the part number matches a 78 aspen.

Could that number be 34026(2)9? If so it's a left disc spindle from a '73-'76 A body or '73-'74 E body.

The Aspen spindle would be 3402640 and 641.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Shakey

Quote from: John_Kunkel on August 28, 2006, 03:25:12 PM
Quote from: pb24 on August 25, 2006, 05:57:37 PM
The part numbers are pretty worn but it looks like one of them is  3402639. Can anybody tell me if the part number matches a 78 aspen.

Could that number be 34026(2)9? If so it's a left disc spindle from a '73-'76 A body or '73-'74 E body.

The Aspen spindle would be 3402640 and 641.

What is the number for the '73 - '76 A body RT spindle?

John_Kunkel

3402628 is the right hand spindle.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Shakey

Hmmmm...

Hey John, can you identify this spindle?

mikes68charger

Why wast the money, If you take some time and do the research the drum brake spindles are better in my book. I think Magnum HP sells the willwood calper adapter that only works on the drum spindles, you use the rotors of (I would have to look it up) 78 dodge cop car rotors so you get the largest disk brakes. and the parts are cheaper than restoring original mopar parts. If you need more info I will look, but look for the site it will tell you everything

HeavyFuel

John, as long as you are in the mood, do you know what this bad boy is?  I took it off of my '68 with discs up front, but look close at the pic.  The lower ball joint/steering arm is bolted to the spindle with no nut on the other side of the spindle.  The spindle is threaded.  My local Mopar genius (he really is), says that in '68, the bolts passed strait through with a nut on the other side.  Now I don't know what I have here, and the spindle is cross threaded really bad, so I need to find a new one.  Or, if this is the correct one for '68, I'll maybe drill them out and use the right pass through type set-up.

??

andyf

That 626 knuckle is the passenger side unit from a 1973-76 A body or E body car.  626 is the casting number, 628 is the part number.