News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally! My wing car pictures from Monster Mopar (Not quite dial-up friendly)

Started by Troy, September 19, 2006, 10:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

I know it's been over a week but I had some personal things to attend to. First, some shots of the get together at Rich's house:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Troy

Troy

Troy

hotrod98

Thanks Troy,
Makes up for the picures that I didn't take. I love going to that show. Much more laid back than the nats. Just wish that we didn't have to leave at 5:30. I could have talked to the car owners until midnight.
Did you go to the unofficial cruise thing Saturday night that some of the people were talking about?

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Troy

Quote from: hotrod98 on September 19, 2006, 11:56:21 AM
Thanks Troy,
Makes up for the picures that I didn't take. I love going to that show. Much more laid back than the nats. Just wish that we didn't have to leave at 5:30. I could have talked to the car owners until midnight.
Did you go to the unofficial cruise thing Saturday night that some of the people were talking about?
It is a very nice show with lots of cool people to talk to. I didn't go to any cruises on Saturday night. Too tired!

Troy

Aero426

Nice Pics.   The deal at Rich's on Friday is the best part of the weekend.

hemi68charger

Man,, I'm sorry I missed it.......... Well, Julie will be past 1 year old next year, so it shouldn't be too difficult then to travel up there with the family and bring Dana.........

Thanks for the pics Troy !!!! 

Geno, looks like you did a great job............

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

I won't make any comments on being lazy on posting pictures as I haven't even looked at the ones I shot at the show. I know I shot about 650 or so, but when I do go through them I'll upload a few.

You should have photoshoped that one car out of the photo's of Rich's house, its missing a wing and a nose cone.

hemigeno

Quote from: hemi68charger on September 19, 2006, 01:21:43 PM
Man,, I'm sorry I missed it.......... Well, Julie will be past 1 year old next year, so it shouldn't be too difficult then to travel up there with the family and bring Dana.........

Thanks for the pics Troy !!!! 

Geno, looks like you did a great job............

Troy

Troy, wish you coulda been there.  Those young ones (fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on your perspective) don't stay young forever.  You'll have your chance another year perhaps.

The track laps were absolutely awesome to watch.  Seeing the cars zipping around the track at speed in small groups is cool, but it was also cool to see 12 Aero cars parading around nose-to-tail.  Such a great sight.  I was hoping (the other) Troy had taken a couple of pics of the parade laps too, but not everyone knew they were all coming back out again.  Besides, he was probably busy helping push that disabled SuperBird off the track then.

There were a lot of people who contributed to making that a fun weekend/event, so I can't and won't take the credit for making anything happen.  I'm just glad to help out what I can.  

Geno

hotrod98

Quote from: hemi68charger on September 19, 2006, 01:21:43 PM

Troy

Troy, if it makes you feel any better, you're name was mentioned. I mentioned that one of the 69 500's that was there looked a lot like your car. At least you were there in spirit.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

tan top

awesome lot of pictures TROY  :popcrn:  thanks for sharing  :2thumbs:,  that  F8 daytona  in picture 10 looks intresting , :scope: what is it un restored ? got any info .  looks  to be an awesome turn out  of  aero mopars there   :drool5: :drool5:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemigeno

Quote from: tan top on September 20, 2006, 04:16:14 AM
that  F8 daytona  in picture 10 looks intresting , :scope: what is it un restored ? got any info . 

tan top,

That green Daytona is owned by board member 3--Daytona.  According to the MoparGuru, it is one of the best-condition unrestored Daytonas out there.  I haven't seen too terribly many unrestored Daytonas (I haven't seen nascarxx29's that he's selling on eBay right now, for instance), so I'm probably not the best judge - I just know it's a pretty nice looking car for being 37 years old.

The family that owned the car before Jim kept every receipt for every $ spent on that car over the years, so there is quite a stack of documentation to go with it.  Jim also has 3 broadcast sheets, and one or two rarely-seen factory tags/sheets, plus the original window sticker, original sales order, etc. etc.  It's a well documented and well preserved piece of history.

69_500

The documentation that Jim has on the green daytona is incredible. They have every receipt for any repair that was ever done on the car. Including the times that the previous owner bought glass cleaner for the car.