News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headlight door actuator

Started by yellocharge68, September 22, 2006, 03:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellocharge68

I was just curious I remeber reading somewhere that the first generation chargers had an electrical solenoid that opened/closed the headlight doors? True or false......Is there anyone who has attempted/completed a conversion on using this type door openers instead of the vacuum cans......

Looking for reccomendations or suggestions....any one think its feasible? Thanks..... ??? ??? :o :icon_smile_big:
Sunfire Yellow 1968 Dodge Charger 383/727 auto-console

moparsons

I remember reading some posts of people that had done that but I don't remember who. I would also be interested in the details.

Andy

71_deputy

first gen. cars had 3 relays, 4 limit switches, two motors and a heck of wiring, sec.gen was vac operated except 1970 was a single electric
motor- 3 gen the same.

none I know/heard of- but have done a air " of a 69 with vac. headlight switch 3 port plastic was shot. redid it with electric solenoids.
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

squeakfinder

Would be nice to see a picture(s) of how the 70 is set up, and go from there.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....